1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on Vista

Discussion in 'WoW General Discussion' started by Bo Riddler, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Bo Riddler

Bo Riddler Guest

Not being a PC pro, I have a question if someone could help me.

On my new Windows Vista machine, I have noticed a small icon in my tray that blinks like red and white, and it says "Downloading" when I highlight it.

What am I downloading? !

I use it for the main hub on my home network so perhaps it is showing me the other pc's in the house?

I tried control-alt-delete to the task master and it shows nothing odd running. How can I see what I am downloading if I have all windows closed?

2. I do not use the default Vista skin I use the classic windows skin but it sounds like it's just windows update downloading an update. Service pack 1 came out a little while back but you should have already got it. I think a day or two ago there was an update for Windows defender.

Double click the button to see if anything pops up to tell you what it is.