1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question regarding antique

Discussion in 'UHall' started by cazador, Dec 24, 2014.

1. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Why are they fetching so much gold? I see that they are insanely overcapped and open up huge template diversity..but don't they break fast? Wouldn't it be silly to build a whole template based on a piece that's near impossible to replace if it breaks so quickly? Can someone explain cause I'm at a loss lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  2. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

they last a long time if you onlypvp a few days a month.

plus, if you dont care about the gold, i guess even just being able to play a godly temp until your stuff breaks is worth the bils for some people. when it breaks, buy new stuff and make a new template :)

personally i wouldnt pay much for any antique item, but am using some very nice ones ive gotten as loot on several pvp / and event characters that only get played maybe a total of 5 hours a month.

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

and for a couple of hours that day.

4. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yea I understand that..but would u assume that brittle or even prized would be more highly sought after? Especially Jewls..that seem to drop durability so quick as it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

My opinion:

Antique is unviable in PvM. It needs to be repaired fair too quickly to really make sense. However in PvP where you are not taking damage for hours straight they can work fairly well. I don't use any antique pieces in PvP but I do use faction items which are antique. They seem to do OK and can be repaired when restocking pots after a death or something. I notice that antique armor doesn't seem to sell because there is a great selection of brittle. As there is no brittle jewelry antique and prized (and clean I suppose) are the options available. We rarely see prized legendary jewelry comes up so all that is really available is antique so it sells. If the devs ever make it so prized comes up more often on legendary jewelry I'd imagine the value of antique would be dropped. Its a supply and demand thing, the only good legendary jewelry has been antique so there is a demand for it.

cazador likes this.
  6. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I built a new PvP mage suit around 2 legendary Antique Jewels... I'ved PvPed for 1 month on Sonoma and just repaired each jewel for the 1st time.... Granted that's maybe 20 minutes of fighting a DAY on average.... aka 1-2 short battles with some longer ones on the Weekends... but even if it was repair 1 / week it would still last for half a year or longer... and honestly I've already collected replacement pieces so I'm good to go.

7. Sexy Nerd

Sexy Nerd Visitor

It is so you build a template around them, once there gone your screwed and have to rework your template, taking you time and making thm money.

8. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Everything you do in the game takes Time & Money so it's ultimately just a question of "How much" that decides this..... I personally found my own jewels & they allow me to play a template with +skill increase that wasn't otherwise possible. For me if I have to change stuff up somewhat in 6-8 months I'm personally ok with this. I will mention that I've already found replacement jewels that will allow the same template to happen though I will have to retrain my skills somewhat....

9. Gedgerez Tesherd

Gedgerez Tesherd Journeyman

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm having a blast with crazy mod'd antique legendary jewelry. Sure you have to readjust minor details when & if the antique +skill ones break, but what I started doing now is using alt antique sets to swap vs different templates, & each antique set is lasting considerably longer (as in I don't have to repair even once a week). Might take some searching to acquire similar antique legendary set structures, but anyone seeking a change in pace should give this jewelry a try. I have log'd in more & mixed more builds lately than prior in 6 months, so I am a bit addicted to antique legendary jewelry.

10. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Don't forget I've also managed to loot 5-7 Prized Majors so far which are FAR more difficult to get than Antique Legendary's but it is possible. Nothing mind Blowing like the Legendary's but most are 600+ weight with a few over 700...

11. Old Vet Back Again

Old Vet Back Again Slightly Crazed

I have been pvping on Atl with VvV antique jewels at least 2-3 hours a day. I still have the same orny and crystalline since the publish and they are around 150 durability. They do last if you take care of them. Getting an insane piece that has skills to build around might be an issue once it breaks, but most are easily replaceable. I have seen pretty much identical pieces pop out multiple times