1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question regarding Champ Spawns and Primers

Discussion in 'UO Time of Legends' started by Bearclaw, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Bearclaw

Bearclaw Journeyman

I did a champ spawn last night for the first time in a long time and got one primer, but I'm not sure when I got it. I think I got it when the champ was killed, but I'm not sure. It got me wondering if you only get primers from the champ or can you get them from killing the spawn?

Has anyone gotten a primer from the spawn at a champ spawn?

Thanks,

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I've only got them at spawns once the champ has been killed. 3x primers from fel spawns.

3. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have been doing 2-5 spawns a day since the publish went word wide. I only get primer drops upon the death of the champ. I have done the champ only in tram and have not received a single volume 3 primer only 1 and 2's.

I have received multiple pieces of the new set armor and a dozen or so recipe scrolls. Besides polishes and eggs nothing else. I did pick a egg up from the ground from under the dead turtle once(someones bad luck or full pack)?

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Bad luck I suppose for them maybe they were overweight/cursed at the time. Never know.

I've been trying to get the recipes but mostly just getting the armor pieces. I haven't gotten anything besides a very few level 1 primers. But I haven't been doing a whole lot of spawns either. Mostly been focusing on other things... like taming a white tiger.

So far it's been fun. Not fond of the roof and if something isn't done about it won't likely be able to do it again since it's nearly impossible to get anyone to join me after their first experience since it took SOOOO Much time and with zip for reward they really aren't keen on repeating the effort.

5. Bearclaw

Bearclaw Journeyman

Thanks for the quick responses. I was guessing that primers only came from the champ. Guess I'll have to figure out which champ spawn is the easiest to do.

6. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Did dozens of fel T2A champ spawns and about 10 ish champ spawns since the publish went live.
    You get primers when the champion dies, along with the power scrolls. The champ will drop 6 power scrolls and 6 primers. You don't get them the same way you get pinks.
    Protection also seem to give the protector extra primers the same way it does with power scrolls.

Ish champs only dropped level 1 primers. Got plenty of level 2 and a few rare level 3s from Fel champ spawns.

7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Was this just at the new turtle champ?

8. Lord Taliesin

Lord Taliesin Seasoned Veteran

I've done about three dozen Turtles since the publish as well as a dozen or so Ilsh champs. Mostly level 1 masteries but I got a level 3 Chiv from the turtle last night. Four turtle eggs total. Three recipe scrolls and two armor pieces from the spawn.

9. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yes and most of them come from working the spawn from tier 1+2 Your odds are increased from the larger number of creatures you kill....

DJAd likes this.
  10. Cocaine1

Cocaine1 Seasoned Veteran

But i got only 2 Primers form protection at Knight lvl.
    Anybody got more Primers from protection?

11. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

It seems I am also getting only 2 primers with knight level when protecting only one player. I seemed to get more when protecting 3 players with my bard. I will do further testing this weekend.
    Still, that makes for 8 primers per spawn total and 12 power scrolls. Pretty positive outcome in my book.

12. StealYourFace

StealYourFace Journeyman

I usually get 3 sometimes 4 from protect. There has been a couple times I didn't get any on protect.

13. Cocaine1

Cocaine1 Seasoned Veteran

If there is only 2 primers from protection, then MATH for doing champ for primers are not as intresting as for PS:

Primers and PS PER 1 player
    Solo: 6 PS + 6 Primers
    2 man: 6PS +4 Primers(=(6+2)/2 )

Still not bad, but...