1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Question regarding Ore Elementals.

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Ommy2k7, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Ommy2k7

Ommy2k7 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 28, 2007
    With the nurf on mining veins making the ores completely random. How/what is the best way to dig up a Gold Elemental? If the ores are totally random? Obviously use a Gargoyles Pickaxe..
  2. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    There is also the powder that boosts the ore spot as well used in conjuction with garg's you can improve a spot by 2 ore types. So that would give you three types of ore that could produce a GOLD Ore El. hehe oh yeah and luck
  3. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

Is there a POWDER? I know about the "Prospectors Tool" which is a BOD reward for low end BODs... and the The Gargoyles Pickaxe... each raises one level... so Copper would raise to Bronze then Gold...

If the objective would be to get Gold Eles you still need luck... my guess would be you have two options...

Find a Bronze Ore spot and mine it with Gargoyle's to hopefully get a Gold Ele...

Find a Copper spot... Prospect it first then mine it with Gargoyle's to get a Gold Ele...

If there's a powder as well you could then add Dull Copper spots to the mix.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... it's been a long time.
  4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    There's no powder- Relic either misspoke, or he's referring to a feature of some other game (or the illegal UO player shards that can't be discussed here)