1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question regarding "Owned By" items

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Chelle, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Chelle

Chelle Guest

If I was to use a name change on a char that had a owned by conjurer's trinket and a totem with the chars current name, would these items change to the char's new name so she could continue to use them?

2. Kri

Kri Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

A friend told me that when he changed his character's name he was able to un-bless an item blessed with his personal bless deed and it gave him a PBD with the new character's name. I can also confirm that another character with the same exact name cannot use the item, so I believe the items are tied to the character by some unique identifier and the name is really irrelevant. Whether the same would happen with an "owned by" item I could not say for sure but I would say it's a pretty good bet.

3. Owned by 'character' items keep the old name on them but you can still use them on that character.

4. Mr. Gnome

Mr. Gnome Guest

Listen to what the Lord God said!

I changed my characters name from X to Y, but he had a Spirit of the Totem Owned by X. He could still equip it as Y.

5. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

While stuff that is blessed for or owned by a specific character reflect that character name on them, they're attached by an object ID#. That's what it uses to determine who you are, so yes, they'll still work for a name-changed character.

Conversely, no, you can't give a blessed for item to a new character with the same name and expect it to work.