1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question regarding tamer race

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ShaunOfPac, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ShaunOfPac

ShaunOfPac Guest

I have an old tamer on Lake Superior, just spent a day working his skills and hes at 97.4 tame and 112.7 lore, with jewelry 116.3 tame and 120 lore. Are there any bonuses to converting him into an elf? If so, what?

2. burnttrees

burnttrees Guest

you can tame extra creatures and also be able to ride them i think elfs are the only ones that can tame th cy sidhe and ride it

3. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Correct, only an Elf can tame a Cu, but a human can ride one with Pads of the Cu that do drop in ishy upon killing monsters. Being an elf does get you more mana (20) but do you loose being able to carry as much weight as before as a human.

4. burnttrees

burnttrees Guest

yeah i think you loose the extra carrying weight

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Shaun, the quest to go from human to elf is very easy. With a tamer, you would also find the elf to human quest quite manageable. You can do the quests multiple times.

If you plan to do a lot of hunting to build up your gold supply and don't plan to tame cu sidhe or to do tons of peerless hunts, I recommend you leave the character human for the ability to carry more weight. Something else you might care about is what your headpiece looks like as a human versus as an elf if you're using the 2D client. I believe in KR there is no difference in how headpieces look on human or elf characters.