1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question: RoT and Soulstones

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Podolak, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Does using Soulstones effect my RoT gains?

Example:

The RoT timer resets at 8:00 PM as we all know. Lets say it is 9:00 PM and I want to remove my meditation via Soulstone and then add my carpentry which is at 80.0. Will this mess up my RoT gains or does the system acknowledge that the carpentry was added via Soulstone and not to effect the 4.0 points I should be able to gain in Carpentry that evening?

I have been extra cautious to make sure that the skills I want to work up are on my character 24 hours prior to the next RoT reset. This is becoming more of a problem as I play more. With currently working up Tailor/Smith/Imbuing I have over 400 skill points taken up (including the 100 mining for smelting) for long periods of time.

I appreciate the help.

2. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yes - transfering a soul stone skill over 70 i believe will take up a .1 pt towards rot

3. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

argh! I can't afford to give up my .1!!!

Now, if I transfer the skill from a stone before the 8:00 reset I should be 100% OK right?

4. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I never noticed the .1 but I do know somtimes rot can be a little weird with gains per day anyway.
    Also after putting the skill on you will need to wait the gain timer out before you get your first gain.

5. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

Yak! I've not been systematic about this, but I think I've noticed that anytime I mess with soulstones, I **** up my ROT gains. So I don't do it.

Sorry about the im-precise-ness.

6. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

There will also be a delay in your ability to gain after using a soul stone, though I have never been able to figure out exactly how long the delay will be. Sometimes 15 minutes or so, other times about 30 minutes or more.