1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

Question: Success rate of enhancing leather armor.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by hawkeye_pike, Feb 16, 2009.

  1. hawkeye_pike

    hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 15, 2008
    Messages:
    2,466
    Likes Received:
    11
    Good monster loot items are rare, but they are there. Sometimes I pick up a nice shield, iron armor, or some nice leather armor pieces to take them home for enhancing.

    Now, the enhancing business seems to be a bit strange. My crafter has 110 Blacksmithing and 110 Tailoring.

    Enhancing shields with valorite ore has approximately a 90% success chance, enhancing armor with any kind of leather fails in 95% of the attempts.

    My question: Is this intended? Why is it so difficult to enhance leather items, while it seems so easy to enhance metal items?
     
  2. Borric

    Borric Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 21, 2008
    Messages:
    338
    Likes Received:
    22
    I havent tried to enhance shileds in a long time so Ill leave that out. As far as leather vs. metal on armor enhancements, both are extremly low success chance. And I have seen quotes saying that it is working properly. The reasons were to keep uber stuff from flooding into the game.

    ...

    It could use a bump in success rates, IHMO.

    Borric
     
  3. Lynk

    Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 13, 2008
    Messages:
    6,032
    Likes Received:
    145
    I save everything that "could" have a use after enhancing and throw it in a bag. When said bag is full, I'll hop on a crafter and try to enhance. I usually get a few pieces that end up doing nothing but sitting in my armor stockpile because I have no use for it.
     
  4. This has been answered in the past by the developers, but I can't remember who or the exact details. It was intended and maybe someone else can fill in the details. But it goes something like this...

    Each property that you are enhancing has a 25% (?) chance of failure, which means 75% chance to succeed, when enhancing. Each additional property of the material used to enhance increases the risk of failure. Such as material with 3 properties used to enhance has a 0.75 x 0.75 x 0.75 x100% = 42% chance of success. Four items is 32% success, and so on.

    Also, enhancing a property that already exists on an item (such as luck) increases the risk to fail (such as using spined leather that adds luck), and the higher the item property the greater the risk of failure. Although I don't remember the specifics of this risk.

    Does that answer your question? Did I remember it correctly?
     
  5. athos_uo

    athos_uo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    497
    Likes Received:
    2
    The following answer is one of explanations about enhancing by devs as I know.

    MrTact might have explained once a little about it... but I can't remember.

    Cf: No.4 of FoF, February 29, 2008

     
  6. athos_uo

    athos_uo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    497
    Likes Received:
    2
    I have found some explanations by Hanse.

    1st, May, 2003
    2nd, May, 2003
    3rd, May, 2003
    8th, May, 2003
     
  7. That is what I was thinking of Athos... the 33%. Thanks for the correction.