1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question: The Shard Transfer Shield & Shield Transfer TOKENs

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jade of Sonoma, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The Shard Transfer Shield is a 14th year Veteran Reward that generates a Shield Transfer Token once a month.
    I have had no use for them since I have only played on Sonoma all these years. I was reading a recent thread which erupted into a debate. It seems many players keep all the shields in their house in their home shard.

EG: I want to transfer back and forth a few times between two shards: SONOMA AND ATLANTIC

On which shard should I select and keep a shield?
    SONOMA TRANSFER SHIELD on ATLANTIC ?
    ATLANTIC TRANSFER SHIELD on SONOMA?
    OR BOTH SHIELDS IN MY HOUSE ON SONOMA?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

#1 Jade of Sonoma, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  2. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Pick and keep them wherever you have a house. If you have a house in both places pick Atlantic. It is usually easier to have your tokens hitch a ride with other players as more transfers are centered around Atlantic. When you have spare tokens it can be useful to send them with other people to shards you don't have so you can bring holiday items back home.

To answer your question in the other thread. What I do is keep my shields in one house. When I am going to x-fer somewhere I select tokens from the shield for each shard and a return home. So if I am going to go from Atlantic to Catskills to GL back to Atlantic I will select one of each of those three and take them along the way. That is the token I am taking, not the shield.

#2 Podolak, Oct 6, 2013
    Lord Frodo and Jade of Sonoma like this.
  3. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I'm curious...are the Shard Transfer Shields account bound, or just the tokens from them?

Jade of Sonoma likes this.
  4. Jade of Sonoma

Thank you Podolak. I think I understand much more now. I can keep all shields in an Atlantic House and still use the tokens to other places. Eg: just using the two shards shields: Atlantic and Sonoma .. locked down in the Atlantic house. Ok scenerio: I go take a Sonoma Token and go to Sonoma to pick up a few things I need like a legendary powerscroll for my tamer on Atlantic. So I would need a Sonoma Token to go there, and an Atlantic Token to return to Atlantic. Thus if there was nothing else I wanted, I could save the tokens to Sonoma for use later or let someone else buy it?

5. Jade of Sonoma

I have almost the same question: Are the tokens account bound? The Shard Transfer Shields are account bound.

#5 Jade of Sonoma, Oct 6, 2013
  6. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yup, you can save up to 10 tokens on the shield itself but you can pull them off every month if you want to and save them indefinitely. The tokens are account bound so you could not sell them. The shields are account bound and the tokens are account bound.

Lord Frodo and Jade of Sonoma like this.
  7. Jade of Sonoma

Thank you!! That explains it perfectly.
    Don't leave your tokens on the Shields after 10 have accumulated. Collect and store them. (Too bad they don't stack but I think you can deed your shields or simply store them with the total 10 tokens on them, as in a tree with apples that you have to pick to grow more than 10, but apples you can stack and tokens take up storage space after a few years of collecting them) so ..

Need a bit of confirmation here. I can deed my shields. Right? Thus I can relocate the shields to a new house and lock them down. But can I move them to a different shard and a different house?
    EG: I demolish my Atlantic House after deeding both shields, Atlantic and Sonoma. I want to then move those deeds to my house on Sonoma, lock the shields down in my house there, then select ORIGIN & PACIFIC Shard Transfer Shields. I lock those down in my Sonoma house and use the tokens to move back and forth from Origin, Pacific, & Sonoma, and Atlantic. lol Ok I believe that is how it works.

#7 Jade of Sonoma, Oct 6, 2013
  8. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, you can re-deed once you place. If it is storing tokens the tokens will stay on it no problem. It won't matter the shard you selected them on, you can transfer the shields to different shards and put them on the wall again for use.

I am pretty sure I got what you wrote up there but just in case I missed something it is important to note that once you select a shard, that shard shield can not be changed to a different shard.

9. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I would store the shield on your main shard. So, if Sonoma is your main shard - I would store them both there. Pick the tokens when you want to go, so you can get to atlantic and back to sonoma again.

Both Shield AND Tokens are account bound.

When I picked my shields first time, I picked it on a 3rd shard. I insta got 2 tokens, and I used to jump from that 3rd shard to atlantic, then to my home shard with both shields (I had a house on the 3rd shard so I could get the tokens).

10. Jade of Sonoma

Thank you for your help Podolak. That makes it very clear. Now I have to make a choice but even if what I chose to do is not right for future decisions, at least I can move the shields from one shard to the next if I do not want to keep them on my home shard which is on Sonoma. Or I can leave one for now on Atlantic and the other in Sonoma. Or I can do as Mandrake of DF suggests .. and pick up the Atlantic shard tokens when I want to go there.

Thank you Mandrake of DF for your input. I am thinking of doing the same as you because I am not an opportunist when it comes to vendors price fixing and selling in-game items at exhorbitant high prices forcing players to buy from or fall into deals where they are paying real USDollars to illegal websites for in-game items and UO GOLD.

Time to log out. My computer is in for repairs and this laptop my son loaned me temporarily, is lagging badly.

Thanks again Everyone! Enjoy!

11. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

hey Jade.
    i did the same as you are doing 2 years ago.
    i play on sonoma but wanted to be able to jump back and forth to ATL to buy stuff for cheaper.
    so i picked both my shields on sonoma.
    when i want to go shopping i take a token off both my shields and jump to atl then back again.

12. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

do the shields generate tokens while in a bank box?

13. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

No. They have to be locked down in a house.

14. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran