1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question to PvPers

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Val'lyn De'ana, May 15, 2015.

1. Val'lyn De'ana

Val'lyn De'ana Seasoned Veteran

So I'm close to getting started back into PvP (on Siege). It's been forever, but it's something I'm planning, no matter how bad I am :).

Here are my questions, do you use CC or EC for PvP and why?

I've read a lot of posts where players find they get better connections to their servers and the macro ability of EC his much better than UOAssist with the CC.

I haven't really used EC, so I want to see if it's worth my time for PvP.

This thread is not for people who "like the graphics", but for discussion of how the EC rates versus the CC specifically for PvP.

Thanks in advance and see ya on the field soon...

-Val'lyn

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I find its faster moving in the EC and get moaned at for "speeding" all the time. Lots use the CC for all the "extra" features that can be added.

I don't really care about the graphics, its all about the game play man.

3. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I don't like several aspects of the EC graphics and containers are atrocious. However, I almost exclusively PvP with the EC now. It is so far superior to the CC its really almost unfair. Movement is better, casting is better, the timer displays are better, the layout is better. I think for someone getting into or back into PvP the EC would make it easier. It is kind of a pain to find settings and such the first time but once you are used to where things are it goes pretty smooth.

4. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

From what I understand for PvP EC is way better and faster at execution than UO with or without UOA. All other aspects is just personal preference.

5. callum_fitzhugh

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Having spoken extensively to pvpers a few years ago it was made clear that the EC is way faster for pvp, to the point where EC users were being labelled "cheats".

6. Val'lyn De'ana

Love the comments, but I doubt with my skills I'll ever be accused of cheating lol.

-Val'lyn

7. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The cheating they were referring to was speed hacking.

8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Don't worry about it. After all its a video game. Just jump in and have a go! Sure you will die, get smacked talked at etc etc. but try and just ignore it and have a go. Just make sure you have gold in your bank for insurance and you will be fine. Getting a first kill is sooooo satisfying :D

EDIT - Just seen you are on Siege so no insurance so ignore that part lol.

Val'lyn De'ana likes this.
  9. Val'lyn De'ana

Good thing, there is no gold in there, lol. :)

-Val'lyn

10. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't do much on land with the EC but I think you don't get stopped by shrubbery and such when running using the EC, it takes you around things like that.

11. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

I use CC because that is what I am used too and the EC gives me a really bad headache after an hour or so... People I really struggle against in PvP all seem to use the EC and its mostly their speed in game where you see the difference (I hope they do fix movement rates so they are the same). As someone stated there may be a casting differential as well but I can't confirm that. My main issues is when enemies are hurt they can blink away from me regardless of my ping, even if they are on foot and I am mounted.

If not for the really bad headaches I'd prob have converted to using EC by now and even if you feel you are a weak pvper, I'd prob struggle to kill you if you used EC simple because you will escape most times when hurt.

-Lore

12. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yes some objects that would stop you in the CC are passable in the EC. Also in the EC you can "auto navigate around objects" which is very handy.