1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question - UO Lore

Discussion in 'UHall' started by York_Siege, Mar 7, 2014.

1. York_Siege

York_Siege Seasoned Veteran

I am aware that Ultima has a very long history and there is a great deal of lore to the game that is not immediately apparent. This brings me to the Question " is there a sight that has the completely lore of UO?" if so what is it? if not are there a series of sights that one can use to fact check or find the ending to a story?

I thought i would bring up this question here first since it seems to be one of the most active sections of the forums. Thanks in Advance.

York

DungHook likes this.
  2. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

York_Siege likes this.
  3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Get over to Good Old Games and pickup copies of the old games from the series. They really are fantastic and I can't recommend them highly enough.

4. Sauteed Onion

Also, Spoony has an excellent "retrospective" series that covers the lore and some of his own personal qualms with the direction the later games took.

Also may have some unsuitable language for your young, but nothing I would say is too offensive.

3rd Also, there was this thread from a while back, try to forgive me for the mega huge picture bombing and madness I dumped in there.. > _>
    http://stratics.com/community/threads/ultima-retrospective-very-cool.294449/

#4 Sauteed Onion, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    Assia Penryn and York_Siege like this.
  5. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You mean information on the single-player games?

uo.com itself used to have uo.com/archive. Unfortunately it no longer does. So I used the Wayback Machine and got this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20000818043253/http://www.uo.com/archive/

Unfortunately it does this stupid scary lag thing because it wants to play a QuickTime file (I guess some music?).

There also is a wiki that's highly useful:

http://wiki.ultimacodex.com/

if you know what you're looking for.

Remember that in terms of UO-specific lore, after the events of Ultima 1, many parallel universes were created ('shards of the Gem of Mondain') and each is unique. However, the events and lore of previous years have to some degree sought to parallel those in the single-player games.

I usually assume that many of our characters can if we so choose be aware of much of the single-player game lore in the form of non-specific legend, lore, story, and song.

-Galen's player

York_Siege and EM_Bennu like this.
  6. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

York_Siege likes this.
  7. York_Siege

York_Siege Seasoned Veteran

Thanks for the feedback, I will check these out over the next few days. What I am looking for is the story line or fiction of the Ultima series without having to play the games. I did quiet a bit of searching while i was doing "reading of UO lore" on siege. I quickly ran out of material and many of the series books were not completed. This led me to wonder if there was more to the story than what is ingame or within UO Stratics lore and history section.

8. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

As mentioned above Wiki did an alright synopsis of the whole series here..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_(series)

And you can always ask me.. I have played them all.. If I can't remember the answer to your question I'll go find the answer if I can.

9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Ultima Lore may vary slightly with Ultima Online Lore of course.
    That also applies to shard histories. There's so much Ultima Online lore it might not be all in once place.
    We are blessed to have EMs again who are creating our history still. Stories are being created, things are happening! It's a great time to be in Ultima.

Ludes likes this.
  10. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Ya'll like trivia questions?

What is the name of the girl in U9 that needs Serpentwyne close to the beginning of the game?

11. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Flan

Ludes likes this.
  12. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

That led me to a site that has a walkthrough of U9, that might be of interest to UO lore fans.

http://lparchive.org/Ultima-9/

Ludes likes this.
  13. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I lvoe Spooney! I read somewhere he was going to get to have a sit down with Richard G.