1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question: You have slayed an innocent?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Pom Pom, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Pom Pom

Pom Pom Guest

Ok, so a falsehood NPC steals from me. I then kill said NPC. It gives me the message that I slayed an innocent (as well as losing karma I might add). If the said NPC stole from me, how am I slaying an innocent? I mean if I kill one of them for absolutely no reason at all, then yes, I am indeed slaying an innocent. This inquiring mind would love to know.

(Of course this is really of no importance in the grand scheme of things, I am just very curious! LOL)

2. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I thought the same thing when I killed one. Since when is someone who steals from you innocent LOL

3. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

To my understanding you're supposed to be helping the "tainted" townsfolk, as opposed to slaughtering them. They don't steal "of their own accord" so much as they do due to their "infection".

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, what BB said.

But my tamer and necro-mage have killed countless innocents. The funniest was when I got my 50 SSI bow, a townsperson immediately ran up to me and snagged the bow.

I nearly cried in memory of the old days when it would have been a player that did that! (Actually, it was the memory of when I would do that to other players, but that's a different thread entirely) It would only have been more beautiful if the NPC yelled out "YOINK!" and then tried to sell it back to me.

Naturally, I killed the thief and a few other townsfolk in the process.

My healer (spellweaving mage) actually gets mad at people for killing the possessed townsfolk. Those that don't know I'm only roleplaying give very funny reactions to that as well.

5. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Unfortunately, then throwing around EVs, accidents will happen - I try hard to spare the people - even the thieves - but there's not much of a window to throw out a dispel if a berzerk civilian charges into the middle of a fight (or gypsies that spawn in the middle of the graveyard).

I haven't quite figured out what I am going to do to atone for these yet ... the knowledge that I am helping more than I hurt isn't enough for my conscience.

6. Likewise, I've had times when a red attacks me, and I whack him with a bolt or two and it says I have slain the innocent....

...how is he innocent if he attacked me?

Are we truly in control of our actions? (Goes off to read Gestault)

7. CassieDarksong

CassieDarksong Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Time to get a new conscience?

8. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

This would make great fiction. ;)

9. Wilde1

Wilde1 Guest

Sounds suspiciously like the "Twinkie Defense" !

10. Well I for one don't mourn Humphrey the Rancher. He tried to hit me with a shepard crook.

He was prolly guilty of somethin'.

11. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Momentum strike is rather indiscriminate, I'd like to point out.
    I think, if there is a consequence, I'm going to be bitten squarely in the arse by it.

Well, that and the fact I ran into the place with all the paladins in Trinsic, during a falsehood stage.
    Ten minutes of item reclamation later, and I'm still nots sure I got everything back.