1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Scuzzlebutt, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Ive heard a lot of people talking about Siege possibly getting a second character slot per account. Is there somewhere that this is written down or discussed by the developers? Is it something that they are "looking into" which means it should take effect sometime around the Hannah Montana presidential administration, or is it something coming out in a near publish?

2. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

With the new gargoyle race coming up Siege will either get a quest like elf to human or a second char slot....or some other strange solution.

3. Avo

Avo Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Man that would rule, I'de love to see this in writing myself.

4. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Fight the urge to trammify the shard completely...NO SECOND CHARACTER SLOTS!!!...la

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It was a question the Dev's asked us, I think it was on the end of a 5 on Friday. We discussed it a bit, had a poll and Jeremy was notified of the results.

link to the appropriate 5 on Friday

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=425

6. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*waits for factions and all the uber items (any of them blessed?) + a 2nd char slot*

I think more than 1 blessed item would be huge in fighting against the masses of dragons the shard fields as a majority. :stir:

7. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

tell me about it!!!!!

DOWN WITH DRAGONS!!!!!

8. Avo

Avo Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I want a second char slot! I'de make a great orc i ithink...

9. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Never, Maybe make another pirate? You seem to do a great job with that. How the seas been lately? Bare? :scholar:

10. Daleth

Daleth Guest

no 2nd char slot.....this is siege after all

11. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Guest

I think a 2nd char. slot would be acceptable if the Dev's made it "race" restrictive i.e. if your existing char. is human, then you can only make the 2nd an elf or an gargoyle.

Any thoughts on that idea?

12. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

F+?

Making it race restrictive is pointless. It's not like certain races can only use certain skills?

And this isn't dubbed an 'RP' only shard, there's no need to 'diversify' the populace for any reason. People are playing the race they're playing because they see certain benefits to the race they are, why force them to play something they may not want to?

13. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Guest

Good points. :D

Not trying to start anything, but as I see it a Pk is more like an RPer than they will care to admit i.e. they play the role of a murderer albeit much more seriously than the average joe type. Their "role" is to "prey" upon "others", if they didn't want to kill then Siege would be a bit more like Trammel life, but no the needless killings will never stop on Siege. :gun:

I will build me a crafter-resource collector template on Siege once I get my account reactivated as I'm a very poor PvP player, what is the best Guild one would recommend I join and would I be required to make "donations" to remain in it? :party:

14. Petra Fyde

One reason for considering it is the sheer number of crafting skills that are interdependent. It will be exceedingly difficult to add 'imbuing' to my smith/tailor without extensive use of soulstones. People talk about making 'a crafter' but with imbuing added to the pot, without playing musical skills with stones, you will need at least 3 to cover the crafting skills.

Soulstones were introduced as a way to try a skill and change back if you didn't like it. They were never intended as a way to have multiple templates with one character. It's interesting to note that those objecting so strongly to more character slots aren't themselves restricted to one character type on the shard, they all have multiple accounts.

15. TerryFyde

TerryFyde Guest

Other than the "account cost factor" in my eyes there is no difference between a 2nd account and having a second character on one account.

16. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Soulstones.

17. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I agree. Other than not getting a second house it's just like a second account. I am all for a reasonable solution to having Gargoyles on Siege.
    Also didn't we already have a poll on this?

18. Petra Fyde

19. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Says you. I feel they were introduced for both reasons.

20. Petra Fyde

You're right, I looked it up.

When they were first introduced, before we actually got them, we were told they were as I described, for trying skills out. The current description of them is as you said, to change skills as and when you feel inclined. I admit to being misinformed on that one.

Doesn't make me like the damn things any better though.