1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Archery] Question

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by [JD], Nov 18, 2010.

1. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Hi all, I haven’t posted for a while. Have been taking a break and also kind of persuing trying to learn to play a mage better.

So anyway I have this old archer character and right now it’s not being used. I want to tweak her into something useful and fun for PVP. I like my builds to be flexible though, I don’t want to get locked into one thing as I get bored easily.

So I slapped together this build which lets her be either a stealth ninja SS archer or a dismount resist vet archer tamer with just a jewelry switch and some soulstones! I was hoping to get some advice on the suit before I commit.

Is there any equipment swap you can think of which would let me fit more in? I need the jewels to have the 2 +skill things or the rest of the template won’t work out. I keep thinking there’s something I can do with the HCI so I don’t have to waste 2 ring slots on 10 HCI but I can’t figure out what.

Suit will have:
    353 Resist pts (350 = all 70’s)
    24 HP
    32 Mana
    32 Sta
    1 Str
    18 Dex
    21 DI
    40 SSI
    56 DCI
    40 EP
    45 HCI
    4 HPR
    6 MR
    24 LMC
    +20 Archery
    +26 Ninja or Taming**
    +24 Stealth or Lore**

**Depending on my jewelry – see below

Ring & Brace: 13 DCI, 20 EP, 10 HCI, +13 Skill, +12 Skill
    Head: Faction Hunter’s
    Neck: Imbued, resist, hp, mana, sta, lmc
    Arms: Imbued, resist, hp, mana, sta, lmc
    Chest: Imbued, resist, mana, sta, lmc, mr2
    Hand: Imbued, resist, mana, sta, lmc, mr2
    Legs: Faction Fey Legs
    Talisman: Faction Primer
    Waist: Faction Crimmy
    Weap: Imbued, 40 SSI, 1 DI, Balanced, 50 Hit spell, 35 Velocity
    Back: Quiver of Infinity
    Robe: Conjurer’s Garb

I am probably NOT going to go with wood armor as the enhance+breakage costs are far above what I can afford.

2. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 1, 2006
    Mana Regeneration - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

I suspect your six mana regen will contribute 0.6 mana/s, which in my view is pointless for the 200 weight on the armor and the robe slot.

I would prefer HP, higher LMC, and DI over MR. Also, you should try to get the extra 7 dex for 150. I really think you need 70 DCI. I would use something else for the back and robe slot. Put HML on your bow and even if you swing every 2.5 seconds you will get more mana back than MR gives. Max LMC is a must.