1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about COMPASSION

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by tarugobr, Jun 11, 2009.

1. tarugobr

tarugobr Guest

Does compassion work with Gift of the Life?

Does it work with PK character?

2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Not 100% certain, but I would say compassion level has no effect. You can only cast it on yourself and your pet and according to the description it will restore 50% of health upon resurrection.

3. gramarye

gramarye Guest

Not sure of the question, however: Gift of life shows the resurrection gump on death, allowing your char to rez themselves but, unlike sacrifice, it freezes your char in place until the gump is either accepted or dismissed. Which means that your ghost can't just run to a safe place to rez as you can with sacrifice.

Compassion gives extra hit points to the resurrected char (other than the char using the skill) depending on level. So, if your mage has compassion at knight level, and rezzes another char, the rezzed char will have (I think) 80% of hits upon being rezzed.

Gift of Life helps your char - Compassion helps others. And Compassion isn't cast, it simply works when you rez someone.

No idea about PK chars.

Apologies for any errors and I hope this helps.

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Since I have never built compassion, I can't answer that part of your question.

However, the level of focus does give you extra hit points when you ressurect. So if you have a level 6 focus, you have a lot of hit points to play with when you come back to life.

5. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Since gift of life is partially based off focus level, a red char will be rezzed at the same amount of life as a blue char. Although most PK's believe they can never be killed so I don't know why they would be casting that spell on themselves.

6. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Compassion has no effect on Gift of Life.

7. J.B.

J.B. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Compassion has nothing to do with Gift of life. Your Focus level does though, with a level 6 focus you rez slightly over half life.