1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about Game Mechanics

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by evilomorthan, Jan 17, 2009.

1. evilomorthan

evilomorthan Guest

Hit Lower Defense: I remember people running 60 DCI to "HLD-Proof" their suits.

UO Guide and stratics both state that it takes away 25 DCI. I also read in RunUO code (since I of course don't have access to EA code) that the game will only recognize your DCI as 45, no matter how high you stack it. This means that after HLD is in effect you are at a maximum of 20 DCI. Is this how it works?

Bandages: What is the timer at 150 dex? I hear people say 2 second heals but is that in actuality how it works here on OSI? Is it based off of stamina? What kind of actions will disrupt a bandage or prolong its application?

Concussion Blow: Is this still capable of doing an excess of 50 damage? Does it still work based off of the difference between your Health/Mana etc...?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Black magick

Black magick Guest

No, when you have higher than 45 dci it only registers after hld is factored in. Second, at 150 dex its 4 second heals, its based off of dex, and the only thing that disrupts them is mortal wound. Concussion blow is supposedly being nerfed soon so...
  3. Gellor

Gellor Guest

The way I've seen HLD vs DCI described is:
    DCI - 25(HLD) then cap the resulting number at 45.

So 70 DCI is HLD proof:scholar:
  4. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 31, 2004
    so jump into factions and get your cheap artifacts :)