1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about heartwood quest

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Widow Maker, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Do you have to be GM Fletching in order to get the runic kits?

2. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i built my skill up in heartwood, just make the bows, then the crossbows, then repeating crossbows..

if you keep clicking on the guy he will rotate what he wants.. you dont have to push decline over and over.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Aaron, in fact that pretty much sums up the new skill gain guide for fletching, I wrote up about 6 months ago for the Players Corner (well, back then it was Player's Q&A on the old forums).

Just go to heartwood after buying skill, do the quest that you can do (and is closest to 60%-80% chance of success), all the way to GM - you'll GM Fletching, potentially GM Arms Lore, and get all of the recipes (even the rares), a decent talisman or two, and maybe even a fletching runic or two in the process.

It's a shame that none of the other skills offer such convenience (though the ability to fill BODs with smith & tailor can be done similarly, to train - I've gotten 3 smiths and 2 tailors to between GM-120 that way, and two more characters a short way from that range in both skills)