1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about killing Travesty

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Seismic, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Seismic

Seismic Guest

I'd like to start collecting the "Eye Of The Travesty" items and would like suggestions on which character of mine would be best to take? I've already read somewhere that disco bard's are the worst .. :(

My best characters are:

Pure Bard (120 all bard skills/110 Magery/115 med)
    Pure Mage (110 mage/100 inscrip/110 med/110 eval/100 resist/100 spellweaving/60 anat)
    Swords Warrior (typical skills - non-bushido type)
    Archer (ABC type)
  2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    Are you planning on doing these with a large/small group or by yourself? I know there are a couple guilds on Atlantics that used to run Travesty all the time. If you want I can give you the contact info for some of them.

As far as chars to take, I would go with the Mage/Spellweaver or Archer. The reason for not taking the bard is because Travesty takes what ever skills you have and uses them against you, and if a tamer gets discorded, there is a chance that there pet could go wild (it has happened to me once, and I've seen it happen to others). The bard can be a good char to get the keys, if you play it right.
  3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Do not under any circumstances take a bard to Travesty. She'll duplicate your discord and then you're whole group will be easy pickings.

Archers are only marginally better. When she can shoot you from a distance, you aren't safe anywhere for heals/cures.

Mages aren't bad, I take mine down to see her quite a bit. But then I'm usually spending most of my time healing/invising the other people.

The warrior is great, so long as you have no necromancy and people to cross heal with. From what you have, I'd try going with the warrior first.

The best option would be a non-bard tamer with a greater dragon (a second tamer can best bring a rune beetle/mare combo), but you don't have that on your list.

All that is assuming you aren't fighting alone. Alone there are just two options, the tamer-with-dragon (very tough) or the samurai-in-vampire-form(depending on tactics, this can be pretty easy, but takes a while)... Neither of which are on your list of options.
  4. Seismic

Seismic Guest

Ok I should have provided more info :)

I guess I'll be going with a friend, most of the time. He is fairly new to the game and has a developed warrior, so sounds like that is the ticket.

Although I am interested in guilds that run this, especially since I've never done it before. Feel free to ping me if you have any info on the guilds that do this.
  5. Seismic

Seismic Guest

So my warrior's template is:

110 Swords
    100 Parry
    100 Anatomy
    100 Tactics
    100 Resisting Spells
    90 Healing
    85 Chivalry

90 Str
    100 Dex
    35 Int

What should increase/decrease? Since I don't play my warrior at all, help me concentrate his skills/equip/stats on Travesty. Then maybe I'll play him more often :).

Equipment right now is nothing exciting and I'm not at home to know what I have, especially since I never play him! So just any general suggestions on resists I should look for in armor, wep suggestions, etc?