1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Questions about leviathans

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Hulk Hogan, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Hulk Hogan

Hulk Hogan Guest

New to fishing, wanted to make a bard/fisher/mage. Since the leviathan has a barding difficulty of 160, even if I had 120 for all of my bard skills, would it be remotely effective? I'd use my magery together with bard skills, but if I fail every time when using provoke/disco/peace, it would obviously be pointless. Does anyone out there have a bard fisherman? Thanks for your input.
  2. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

You would have to add disco to and hope for a disco on it. But that would mean less space for the other skills. I Solo Levia fine with my Scribe mage:
    120 Mage
    120 Med
    120 EV
    100 SW
    100 Ins
    100 Fishing
    80.1 Poison.

I have a decent suit of course.
  3. Hulk Hogan

Hulk Hogan Guest

Thanks for your template! Anyone else have any leviathan soloing templates?
  4. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Tamers do well with GDs I understand.
  5. Hulk Hogan

Hulk Hogan Guest

Yeaaah, I figured I'd end up using my tamer. I just don't want the barding skills of my fisherman to go to waste while I'm fighting the main battles with my tamer. Perhaps I'll have to change my template...
  6. Borric

Borric Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 21, 2008
    Soul stones work great. And even tho levs are real tough to peace, area peace works good. That and a greater makes em a piece of cake.
  7. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 31, 2004
    Isn't this 740.1 points? Wondering how you get over the limit? Equipment bumps?
  8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Probably - I've got a suit made up of ToT stuff, a totem tali, horned runic crafted stuff, and a normal orny, that's 3/6, 100% LRC, 40%+ LMC and all 70s, that has no skill bonus stuff (and on a human, no less).

Elves, on top of this, could wear the Spell-woven Britches (+10 med) but that puts more LRC stress on the rest of the suit.

Theoretically, one can also go with FC & FCR off a spellbook, and get 10 magery off an Alchemists bauble, plus get up to 2/5 by wearing a 1/3 ring (And the 1/3 ring could have skills as well as the 1/3).

Then, there's the Treatise on Alchemy talisman (that gives a magery bonus, right?)

My fisher is a bit nuts; besides that suit, she's (all natural skill)

120 Magery
    120 Eval
    100 Med
    100 Fishing /100 Inscription / 100 Tactics / 100 Resist (3 of the 4 at any given time)
    80 Chivalry

And uses either a Water Elemental Slayer Scrappers, or a SC mage weapon archery weapons (of various slayer types), as the situation requires (and switches to +magery jewelry with LRC and some FCR, giving up the FC, when using the bow). Damage per second, with the Chivalry & tactics, typically exceeds what she does with spells (even with inscription), when helping at peerless and Ilshenar/Malas champs (plus she has two EVs or Earth Eles slugging in as well when using the bow).
  9. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Yes its from my equipment bonus.