1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about skill jewelry

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Cycloknight, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Cycloknight

Cycloknight Adventurer

If I have a skill cap in magery of 100 points and I equip a +15 magery bracelet, will my skill go to 115 or do I need to use a scroll to boost my cap?

Can total skill go over your maximum total skill cap using jewelry (over 700 or 720 for vets)?

Can I go over 120 in any one skill with jewelry?

2. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

#2 Lady Laurel, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

In fact, several of my characters are over 800 with their jewelry (like my tamer/bard, that with jewelry and a few other items that add skill, is 120 in 6 skills (music, disco, provo, animal lore, taming, vet) and 106 magery).

One question not asked, but important to have an answer for, is that spells that are skill dependent, such as ninja shapechanges, necromantic undead and horrific forms, polymorph, etc. will drop if you take off their related skill jewelry and drop below the minimum to cast the spell in that skill. So you can't skill up to 100 from 30 using Necromancy jewelry and items, cast vampiric form, switch to other jewelry, and maintain the form (that was a common exploit in the first few years after the release of Samurai Empire, until this condition was put into force, which made the sampires have to keep 99+ necro skill on at all times)

4. Cycloknight

Cycloknight Adventurer

Thank you for the answers and information.