1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about the slime event [SPOILER]

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lore Master, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

I heard different things about these slimes one thing i heard is that you can dye artifacts directly off a slime the other thing i heard is the slimes give you a Tokuna dye that comes in 35 different colors 5 being new and special colors if i remember right. this confuses me do we get a dye that we can bring home and use any time and anywhere we want and use on artifacts or do we have to dye an item right off of a live or a dead slime? any info would be much appreciated thanks.

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If I ever find a slime, I'll let you know :)

3. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

ok thanks i hope its a dye we can take home should be stackable too because many of those tokuna dyes had slightly different hues but you couldn't tell many of them apart which was a bummer.

4. pacific lily

pacific lily Guest

In the similar event on the Japanese shards you double clicked the slime like it was a dye tub, then clicked on the item you wanted to dye. It didn't distribute dyes...

LILY

5. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There are no slimes, it was just a way to frustrate players who got too happy over some cool Christmas gifts is all.

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

My wild guess is that the special variety of slime will work like the ones in the Asian event, i.e., they will function as dye tubs. However, I suspect they'll just offer the 30 minor tokuno dye colors mentioned in the publish notes. I suspect you'll have to do the quest you get from Lyla in order to get one of the five new hues as a quest reward.

I could easily be wrong, though, because if it works that way, the slime would be around for 60 days (two days per color), which is a lot longer than the timeframe of the "next few weeks" after the publish that's mentioned in the Publish 57 notes.

7. Deb

Deb Guest

Has any one seen a slime yet on thier shard...we ahve done a pretty
    extensive search on Napa and the little buggers are certainly elusive.

8. Mama Faith

Mama Faith Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I've been wandering Baja and no slimes are to be found here either. Have there been any posts on whether this was turned on? Do the slimes have a yellow name like the NPC's? It's a little hard to search when I'm not sure what I'm looking for but I'm not giving up.

9. MedeaDF

MedeaDF Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My wild guess: slimes coming to us at 25th of December (as far as I could google-translate the japanese UO website)... :D

http://ultimaonline.jp/news.phtml?id=89088

And there are some hints to the locations also...

10. Vyal

Vyal Guest

So everyone spent all day looking for something that didn't even exist and no devs to tell us they arn't even out yet wow how stupid is that seriously thats just screwed up man.

11. Mark Knotts

Mark Knotts Guest

That's enough roaming for me then. Thank you MedeaDF.

12. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Someone obviously found a slime thats why DEV had to take down the servers and reset the slimes so it spawns in the middle of the ocean under the ocean tile and is inaccessible by players.

13. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Curious that once again the Japanese playerbase has more information than we do...

14. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

They could have at least gave us a heads up so we didn't waste time running around looking for something that isn't there.

It's sad we have to go to the japanese website to find out what's going on. :sad4:

15. Vyal

Vyal Guest

Here is what that site says in English:

Why do people use google? Such a trash site, try yahoo babble fish to show the site in english for you.

16. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Google also translates. There will be a link saying [Translate this page] next to the main link to a page when you search for something.

17. So has there been any offical word on whether this event has started yet? All day yesterday had people in my alliance looking for slimes and they couldnt find a single one.

18. I take this to mean the slime event doesnt actually start till around Christmas morning, and will last 3 weeks?

19. Mustarik

Mustarik Guest

Well, there is a Lyla in Eastern Jhelom, as mentioned in the Japanese site noted above. Here is the text of that quest:

Upon accepting the quest you receive three Specimen Basins, each weighing 2 stone and are Blessed.

So presumably, it is live. So search in all of the places mentioned in the Japanese site. The spawns last for 2 days at one of the locations before moving to another, if I understand correctly.

20. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

uhm ya...the slime event is going...your looking for a group of acid slimes, usually about 10 of em in a group freaking out in some area and they do attack you..doesnt seem ya can hurt em..have fun catchin up to them lol....reward is a slime hunter reward title.
    ..keep looking! they are out there

21. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

thanks for the hint firefly......nearest moongate? anything? Tram? in a dungeon? Lostlands? Where?!

22. Otis Firefly

Stratics Veteran

i guess there found on napa first...dunno about your shards and its not the same in fel on napa...but right now on napa tram they are in the farming feilds west brit, right next to the mountain pass heading to yew skara xroads...cant miss em...take a peak on napa to see what your lookin for, cant toss a screeny up for some reason

23. Mustarik

Mustarik Guest

The locations mentioned, as far as I can tell, are

• Hedge Maze
    • The Fields West of Britain
    • Chaos Shrine
    • Fire Dungeon
    • Exodus Dungeon
    • "Sosa Lars" (Sorcerers?)
    • "NEKURO man Sir arena" (Necromancers' Arena?)
    • Doom
    • Bushido Exercise Hall
    • Yomotsu Tunnel

24. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

werd thanx for the info

25. how do you get the samples in the basin?

26. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

Confirmed. On Napa they are in West Brit fields near pass. Dying a sort of dark grayish color (nice color).

27. Otis Firefly

Stratics Veteran

gotta be fast and double click the slime and then the basin

28. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

went to napa still didnt see them....probly not looking in right spot i guess..

29. christy1221

Stratics Veteran

Thank you very much. Man those suckers can be quick :D

30. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

nice see em now!

31. Gwendolynne

Gwendolynne Guest

I am a Slime Hunter. Just finished the quest on Lake Austin a little while ago. Slimes are currently in West Britain (Trammel) near mountains and farms.

Safe journeys!

32. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

Actually, they constantly change colors.

33. Gwendolynne

Gwendolynne Guest

I managed to click on a gray, paragon gold and paragon blue.

Safe journeys!

34. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

Ok, some spoiler notes:

-They periodically change colors (not sure what determines when).
    -They will dismount you.
    -They poison.
    -They are FAST and teleport away sometimes.
    -Doubleclick them and target non-equipped arties to dye. You have to be near them to dye something.
    -Finishing the quest gives you a deed for a Slime Hunter title.
    -You can do the quest only once per character but can continue dying things after completing the quest.

35. Vyal

Vyal Guest

Well it's about time to bad the colors arn't any good lol lol lol

36. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

I saw dark gray, dark olive, shadow, and dark blue.

37. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Found them on GL in the farm fields. Only saw two or three, but there may have been more. They do seem to change colors and the slime name includes what color it is at that moment. They are aggressive and will poison you. The poisoning didn't seem to be quickly fatal, but had a bit of trouble curing it even with arch cure.

Once I told my pet to guard me, the slime stopped targeting my tamer and went after the pet. All I had to do then was run around after the two of them and keep double clicking on the slime. You have to get pretty close to the slime in order to get a targeting cursor up to dye something or fill one of the quest basins.

If you are doing the quest, the reward is a deed that says, "A Certificate of Capture / Blessed / Use This to Redeem the Reward Title: "Slime Hunter."

I didn't redeem mine so I'm not sure how the reward title shows up or if you get anything else with it. Also, Lyla will only give the quest to a character once.

38. Gwendolynne

Gwendolynne Guest

When you double click the deed there is a confirmation gump. All you get is the title Slime Hunter - it shows up in white lettering under my name on my character.

You could sell the deed on a vendor I suppose.

I am not doing any artifact dying but it was fun to chase the slimes for a while.

Safe journeys!

39. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

I was NOT able to dye things AFTER i finished the quest..fyi

40. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

All around, it's a lot of fun. I just wish I had more stuff to dye. ;)

I dyed Royal Leggings, 3x Heart of the Lion, 2x Aegis of Grace, 3x Righteous Anger, and 2x Quiver of Rage. And that about sums up all of my artifacts.. haha.

41. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

I did..dyed my tamer's boomstick a lovely shade of olive green when I went back after completing the quest. Also noticed that my nightmare got some nice magery gains chasing after slimes, probably from casting Archcure spell so much.

Not sure how many things I'll bother dying. Gotta think about it. The Brit farm field location is a nice easy spot for doing this. If the list from the Japanese site is accurate, it sounds like some of the other spots will not be much fun, so maybe take advantage of this nice "teaser" location while it's good.

42. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

I was able to dye after completing the quest as well.

Also, I could be wrong but it seems like if the slime doesn't have a color tag in it's name, it will dye a dark gray (like a default color). I dyed most of my stuff a dark gray (I liked the color), but got a couple shadow and dark blue as well.

Now I need to coerce someone to dye my leather armor pieces a matching color. I'm getting tired of green armor, and my account is too young to use leather dye tubs. ;)

43. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Its not fun for someone with 100+ms ping

44. OnlyMoi

OnlyMoi Guest

Slimes found on Atlantic but the quest is broken. Can't turn them in.:sad4:

45. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

You don't take them back to the same NPC who gives the quest. Take them to the Zoo Keeper in Moonglow Zoo.

46. christy1221

Stratics Veteran

Did you go to the guy at moonglow zoo?

47. kinney42

kinney42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed. Making us chase the slimes that are faster than us is stupid. Just plain stupid.

48. Boogieman

Boogieman Guest

You can dye artifacts AND enhanced items. I dyed a verite runic shield for instance. I could not dye a magic pickaxe though. Guess it's not enhanced.

They will knock you off your mount and poison you. You won't take any damage though. As long as you stay in the area. As soon as I walked through a moongate I started taking damage from the poison.

49. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Oops ... a little late, but they have been found.

(there's such a fine line between "we know nothing" and "we know everything" in these sorts of quests)

50. Seismic

Seismic Guest

Do you have to execute the quest to dye artifacts??