1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Questions and problems

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Monomaxos, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Monomaxos

Monomaxos Adventurer

I am totally new to the game so it may be something easy for you, yet its unclear for new players. To start with I would like to ask how can you add someone as a friend in enhanced client without pinco's UI. Secondly the game seems to lag a bit only on EC(tried the classic a bit too) when walking through towns in windowed view, didnt try full screen. It is weird cause I got AM3+ triple core 3.1ghz, 16gb ram and 1gb HD5570 graphs card which overkill the reqs of the game. To make it even worse, tried to add pinco's UI after a new friends advice and the game pretty much lagged everywhere every step so I definitely cant use it. Any advice would be welcome :)

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There is no facility to add someone as a friend I'm afraid.
    I too play in windowed view, but I play with the window frame turned off. I found that cleared up much of my lag problem. It may not work for you, but is possibly worth trying?

3. Monomaxos

Monomaxos Adventurer

Classic client seems to work perfect and to be honest resolution of graphs may seem lower but mob design seems more appealing to the fantasy atmosphere of the game. Only problem there(apart that bags are a bit harder to manage when lots items inside) is when someone talks(or I talk) the lines fade away within 1 sec and sometimes I lose chat lines, not sure if there is some way to adjust but that is the main reason I dont use classic instead

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

try opening your journal to see chat that has faded.

5. Monomaxos

Monomaxos Adventurer

ty, will try that and see if it works well

6. Necronom

Necronom Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hey there Monomaxos,

In the Classic Client's Options window, choose the tab that looks like an eye on the right side. It controls the display. Scroll down a bit and you should see "Adjust how long speech remains on screen" with a slider directly underneath it. I think it is all in seconds so adjust accordingly to your liking.

You can also check the option which is for "Scale speech duration based on length".

7. Monomaxos

Monomaxos Adventurer

Thank you, will try it:)