1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Questions on Mirror Image from a Longtime Player/Ninja Noob

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Deception, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Deception

Deception Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So I've been considering starting to add Ninjitsu to my PvMer, and I have some questions on mirror image.

First - is the equation correct in the FaQ? Has everyone here found about a 90% deflect rate at 120 ninja?

Second - for everyone out there who has used mirror images in PvM. Do you find that high end monsters (such as peerless bosses) use an area attack and kill your images too often for them to even be useful?

Any response is appreciated.

Thanks

2. Idk how helpful this is but...

With the right circumstances it's like targeted peace for half the points...

I had 110 Ninjitsu on a 4/6 chiv char, a weapon with no hit spell, fighting balrons (monsters without bleed for example) to work the honor virtue and it had never been easier. I got hit maybe once per balron while doing 30 damage to them (I didn't have a slayer at the time)

I was impressed with it, I tried it out on a parragon cu sidhe but their bleed attack messes it up and if my weapon had hit spell that would also make it retarget straight away.

I would also say that yes mirror images won't be much use if something has area... I've attempted to use the images versus berserkers where every few seconds someone hits something with pixie swatter/lures a fetid past/does the chain lightning special etc etc and their as good as useless even with 4/6 casting.

So the right circumstances being no hit spell, no hit area, no aura, no prolonged damage specials (bleed, poison etc from them or you)... it's probably harder if you can't cure instantly too versus magic monsters.

3. Idk how helpful this is but...

With the right circumstances it's like targeted peace for half the points...

I had 110 Ninjitsu on a 4/6 chiv char, a weapon with no hit spell, fighting balrons (monsters without bleed for example) to work the honor virtue and it had never been easier. I got hit maybe once per balron while doing 30 damage to them (I didn't have a slayer at the time)

I was impressed with it, I tried it out on a parragon cu sidhe but their bleed attack messes it up and if my weapon had hit spell that would also make it retarget straight away.

I would also say that yes mirror images won't be much use if something has area... I've attempted to use the images versus berserkers where every few seconds someone hits something with pixie swatter/lures a fetid past/does the chain lightning special etc etc and their as good as useless even with 4/6 casting.

So the right circumstances being no hit spell, no hit area, no aura, no prolonged damage specials (bleed, poison etc from them or you)... it's probably harder if you can't cure instantly too versus magic monsters.