1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Questions posed in "Ask the Devs", add yours here

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Beastmaster, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Unraveling.

May we have the formula that determines which ingredients and how many are received for unraveling an item?

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

No if you had that what would be the use of having Item Id?

3. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Will you ever clean up the code used for ship movement? The sea has a lot of potential for future features and expansion.

4. Fink

Fink Guest

Questions posed in "Ask the Devs", add yours here

It seems a little redundant to post them here. Isn't the idea to put them in one place where the devils will see them and answer?

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

It's been stated before that this can not be done until they get rid of the tile-based movement of the 2D client. Until the players are ready for that, things are a little limited.

6. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

they wont allow discussion of the questions in that section so they advised those with questions to post here as well so there could be discussion on them

7. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I think the new forum will be in more of a Q&A format - with one question and the specific developer comment showing. This will be great for players to have a direct information resource without all the u-hall debate/trolling/flaming/etc.

But players are still going to want to discuss the issue - that's what U-hall is for.

8. Fink

Fink Guest

Wait, you're saying UHall is for arguing beside the point and in absence of definitive information? I'm shocked! :eek:

:D

In that case: I have asked about some of the higher-priority changes/fixes slated for the Enhanced Client and a rough idea of in what sort of timescale they hope to accomplish them. Nothing etched in stone, just generalities.

9. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Has your item ID skill ever shown you that?

10. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I know there were more than 2 questions posed yesterday. Come on folks post the rest of them.

11. Malador

Malador Guest

WHy would be want to ask them here? This is a stupid thread should be deleted.

12. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Gem carts? why are Amethysts, Citrines, Diamonds, Star Sapphires use a different graphic from those gotten from creatures, treasure chests. And why does the client not recognize these gems when I try to imbue items with them?

13. Jesusislord

Jesusislord Guest

When will the Mysticism spell Bombard actually knock something over and stun it? I've never had it happen. Am I just unlucky?

14. Dolphoenix

Dolphoenix Guest

Any chance of increasing the size of the inside of bookshelf gump? It's much smaller than other containers. Also, increasing the size of the usable space inside? Right now only a handful of books can be seen at a time.

15. The question I posted was...

Will there be an end to un-owned houses? And could we make a program out of it to give back the land to paying players. Possibly even make it so GM's would have the power to get rid of them.

16. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

What un-owned house are you talking about? The ones right outside of towns that are assumed npcs live in? :confused:

17. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

My post:
    Two questions here but I think they are both easily answerable.
    1.) Will players who are not mages ever have the chance of marking runes with a tool like a rune maker?
    2.) Will there ever be a fix on house customization so that player do not have to redeed items like elven furniture and fountains of life?

18. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What I asked (approximation, can't remember exact words :p) :

Q1 - Is there a reason shadow jump is more sensitive to z-axis than teleport

Q2 - what's the actual mana regen formula now

19. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I really like the "Ask the Devs" forum, even when we not had seen anything answared yet.

It gives devs a chance to find the questions and may work much better than FOF.

I did post two questions, not something I want to add here as it had been debattet here several times but I really want to know if Devs do consider changes it.

20. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I asked:

Are you considering giving 3rd party tool approval to the UOC (new UOAM)

21. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

I asked.. again...

What happened to the tamable Fairy Dragons? The website stated they would be tamable with a taming/pet description all the way up to the SA release... where it then was removed... I was disappointed and would like an explanation...

I did request if they are to remain untamable... is there any chance that we be allowed to get them in a crystal as a gift or loot drop somewhere.

22. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Question I just submitted:

Retrievability of Items That Fall Under A House

Is it actually impossible given current game mechanics for GMs to retrieve items that fall under a player's house? Or, rather, are GMs being randomly lazy or obnoxious when they give the famous boilerplate response that GMs cannot replace lost items...even though you have explained very clearly in a help request initiated by a character that owns the house what has happened and what you have already tried to do to retrieve the item from under your house and that you can still SEE that the item exists and has not disappeared from the game yet?

(I searched for old threads about this issue and have unsuccessfully tried the trick of customizing with teleporter tiles and using a character logged in on another account; e-fielding through the floor; and using a horde minion. Nothing worked. )

23. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I asked :

1) Is there any chance of a complete overhual of the in-game Customer support system(GMs)?

2) Is there any chance EAMythic would consider using veteran UO players as
    volunteer GMs?

24. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Fix the "run mouse in a seperate thread" to save my settings so that I don't have to constantly re-start UO.

I did edit the uo.cfg file and that lasted all of a day before it started messing up again.

REALLY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

As I'm the mod for the place that the player-answerable questions go to, I know my question will be looked at the devs, and not shunted elsewhere.

My question(s) post was:

First, Thanks for fixing the long standing bug that left leather in the corpse if one had 63 items in your pack or over 340-350 stone total weight.

Questions:
    1. will the Skinning knife ever get the option to use in the pack, without being wielded, like the Butcher's War Cleaver and Harvester's Blade?

2. Will the Skinning Knife and/or Butcher's War Cleaver get some of the resource functionality of the Harvester's Blade (i.e. getting more items than just leather). Not the special bonus of 10% extra, but just some of the items.

3. Is it possible to get the Harvester's Blade (And the other tools, if they get the ability to harvest more than leather) to have a setting, similar to mining tools, to exclude meat, meat & blood, etc.? Most people won't want the meat under most circumstances.

26. kokopelli

kokopelli Guest

Do you ever intend to actually answer some of the questions or is this just something the stratics guys made up without EA/Mythic even knowing about it?

//Edit:
    Ups, forgot the actual question I asked:
    * Will we ever get house customization for L-shape, tower, keep or castle or are those 4 abandoned for good?

27. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That's certainly not the case.. We catered to their request of such a forum.