1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Questions regarding the state of rares collecting

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by DVI, Mar 15, 2009.

1. DVI

DVI Guest

Its been some time since I've been a consistently active player, and I'm considering returning. That being the case I would appreciate any vets willing to take the time to update my on the current state of rares collecting and uo in general. Thank you! HI TOMAS!
  2. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 12, 2008

1. It has been pretty quite on continuous supply of duped rares since the last big ban little over a year ago.

2. The usual suspected vendors are not showing anything new except their left over supplies.

3. EA Mythic took 25 or so of the more duped items and made them replicas that spawnes on champs now.

4. The new EM season 7 started over the holidays by them showing up on their respective shards to greet players and on occassion pass out a greeting sash.

5. We are now in the midst of a new EM arc with Valentine weekend being the first item-related events across all shards.

6. currently, Alecetis's collection (whats left of it) is for sale.

7. You still get the occassional item here and there for sale.

8. There hasn't been a Rares Festival since you left :(

9. Collectors wise, somoe older veterans have left but new collectors are emerging.

Thats about it.
  3. DVI

DVI Guest

hrm, well manti that isnt exactly inspiring news.

i still feel i would like to try and return, how many old collectors are still around? if i were to resurrect the rares festival do you think there would still be a strong interest?
  4. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

EA made a statement about trying to ensure that all that participated in events recieved items given out, or that the rewards for Events be non items, like names on plaques and things of that nature.
  5. DVI

DVI Guest

do you mean that in regards to player run events, or all uo run events?
  6. Athelas

Athelas Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Jun 19, 2008
    Haha i think we could get a few people interested, good to see you are still alive Aspen.

[Treasure Trove] Mall [Atlantic]
  7. DVI

DVI Guest

Good to see you too Ath! I figured it was past due that I pop up on ATL again. Having a few technical problems with my main computer. That should be taken care of presently, and then i'll be back, god knows if i have anything left though, heh.
  8. DVI

DVI Guest

btw, hows TT?
  9. SupSoc

SupSoc Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 24, 2008
    Athelas likes this.
  10. DVI

DVI Guest

silly soc.

your avatar still gives me the creeps.
  11. Teufel_Hund

Teufel_Hund Guest

Whew, thought I was the only one! One of those nightmare things under my bed when I was a kid long ago!
  12. WizzaX

WizzaX Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 27, 2008

13. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 14, 2006

Can we look forward to one of your surveys? *winks*
  14. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

Don't mind Tomas. He smells bad.

Welcome back Aspen. :)
  15. DVI

DVI Guest

haha he sure does. hes as grouchy as ever it would seem. Its good to see you still hear Chaosy
  16. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Welcome back... well... as soon as you actually get back!
  17. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008