1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quick fishing question

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by nukeman8, Jan 17, 2010.

1. nukeman8

nukeman8 Guest

Do i need combat skills on a fishing character or just enough to kill sea serpents?

i figured i could kill serpents with explosion pots for the mibs and use fishing nets then swap to a combat character to kill the spawn, am i missing something?

2. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you can gate around ... a crafted vollem would be fine. Seen over a longer time always using explo pots could become expensive. (To get a non-bonded pet onto your ship: mark a rune, where your pet is, recall onto your boat, open a gate from the rune, step through and let your pet follw you, step back).
    If I am not fully wrong, you should be able to cast the nets with a fighting character. (Note to myself: Try out later the day. :D )

3. nukeman8

nukeman8 Guest

no idea what a vollem is :lol:
    I can make explo pots myself and have alchemy on my fisher so it wouldnt cost alot and would do extra damage.

anyway off to see if i can find out what a vollem is, i really should stop quitting UO heh

4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Tinkers can craft golems. A vollem is some kind of a stronger golem, that can be crafted from a tinker after he read a manual for it. That manual can be gotten by doing a quest in the abyss or by buying from other players.
    Basicly a golem would work too, but he can get in danger fi you fish up two serpents at once and wants it to handle them both.