1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] quick login

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Pinco, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If I crash the things that I hate is write pass, select shard and character and especially find my char dead for to be late of few seconds...

My suggestion is a quick login: a button that automatically enter in the last shard with the last character. But for do that will be great a save password tick.

I think at something like that:

[ ] save password

[LOGIN] [RELOGIN LAST CHAR]

with this thing if you crash (and the save password is enabled), you have only to click relogin and save your char from the death without losing time in filling password, select shard and char

2. Fink

Fink Guest

Good idea, it would take some pain out of crashing.

My only concern would be password security, but I don't personally know enough on the topic to say if it could or could not be done safely. I seem to remember there being a save password option on Legacy client but it was removed.

3. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Yes in the legacy client you could enter your password in one of the config files and it would always be there. The line is still there in the file today, but it will not use it any more. It was deemed insecure to have your password recorded in a known plain text file without encryption.

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yes, the save password must have an encryption, but I think its not a problem... an MD5 can work and it is not easy to decode. however if someone have the access to your files, he can install a keylogger and read your password without problems...

5. The Original 2D client had that function, where you could click to save the password for fast login. There was a security issue with that and it was eventually removed. What you can do for a work around that I have used when I knew there would be a fast change is to put my password into Notepad and copy it. Then you can just paste it in and go in about 2 seconds. Not perfect, but works.