1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Magery] Quick question about FC and FCR

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by altarego, Nov 30, 2009.

1. altarego

altarego Guest

Does the 69.9 limit for the 4/6 rule of chiv or weave + magery apply with real magery values, or modified totals (i.e. augmented with jewels)?

In other words, if I'm using a crystalline ring, do I need to be at 49.9 (+20 = 69.9) from the ring or can I be at 69.9 real (+20 from the ring to be 89.9)?
  2. BloodPuke

BloodPuke Guest

the latter.

I dont really know the answer but Im good at multiple choice questions.
  3. grandpa otis

grandpa otis Guest

excuse my ignorance,, but wht is this 4/6 rule you are talking about?
  4. red sky

red sky Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    The 4/6 rule applies to 69.9 magery no matter what. So if you use a crystalline ring and bring it to 89.9, it will go to 2/6 instead of 4/6 for the chivalry spells.
  5. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

4/6 -> 2/6 rule doesn't apply to Spellweaving. Only to Chivalry.
  6. altarego

altarego Guest

Right...I'm actually making a bard weaver. But I want access to some basic healing/recall abilities. So I can dump 65 skill points into chiv or 65 skill points into magery (not to fail)

I have a crystalline ring for this character and I wanted to know just how far I could take it, since it's +20 magery. Knowing that I have to stop at 49.9 magery means I can shift those points into something like eval, or resist or something.

And as far as I knew, the 4/6 to 2/6 rule *did* apply to weaving...at least according to UOGuide.

Edit: Perhaps I misread...I'll take a gander on TC1 and check it out. Thanks for brining this to my attention.