1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Question about Virtue HONOR gain

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jade of Sonoma, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What is the best way to gain honor for a tamer?

As a Legendary tamer I need to gain honor. I tamed a few Greater Dragons and used five honor blue buttons out of ten.

Despite killing numerous Greater Dragons and Greater Dragon [Paragons] even allowing them to attack me first and receiving the message "you have gained in honor" each time, I haven't gained another step in HONOR.

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I answered your post in tamers forum or at least tried to

3. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie

THANK YOU Storm. I posted here in UHall after an afterthought, because I noticed the tamer's forums aren't being answered as much. Will check out your message there.

4. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

For my tamer, I used a greater dragon against balrons in Hythloth.

For my mage, I used Thrasher.

5. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I use the succubus in the fan dancer dojo. Just lure the ronin to another room so you won't have to fight it too.

6. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

this

My tamer went all the way to KoH on them.

7. Me too. Discord/Tamer with a cu sidhe on succubus makes about 20 seconds kills with another spawning within seconds. OH, you don't have to let it hit you or your pet first.

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You declared honorable combat with the mob. So dishonorable actions will impact your honor gains.

Having helpers like other players and pets damage your target reduces honor gains. More helpers, even less honor. That's the main reason tamers and summoner have problems gaining honor.

Using poison, reduces honor gains. Pets and summons with magery likes to use poison.

Moving from your original spot where you honored the mob reduces honor gain.

Not being adjacent to the mob reduces honor gains.

Using peace on the mob reduces honor gains. Can't remember if paralyze does the same thing.

Note that discord doesn't reduce honor gains.

The honor you can potentially gain is initially equal to the mob's fame. Each action above reduces this.

Also, similar to fame, the more honor you already have, the less you will gain.

So, seek out high fame mobs to compensate for the pebalties you cannot avoid as a tamer, and that have relatively low hp so that your pets have less opportunity to cast poison etc. A good mob like others have suggested is succubus.

Balrons take too long to kill.

9. I don't think all of these "features" were implemented in the final design. The first hit was one that was also mentioned but not implemented, or was implemented in a way that has minimal impact. At least, I can't see a difference. I have

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

From what I experience, having helpers definitely have an impact. Including using your pets. My tamer gains honor much slower than my warrior. And my ev mages (including my crafters, honor is very nice for crafters) can't reach follower of honor with daemons.

And running up to the mob just as my pets deal the killing blow seems to speed things up.

I'll see if I can record my progress on a couple of tamers and warriors that have no honor points yet.

11. We can't see the actual honor points, so it's going to be a bit of best-guess, but any comparison is helpful. I use discord on my tamer, and it's the fastest character for me to max out honor... just over an hour from zero. I've never tried more than one pet while trying to gain honor, so I can't compare that either.

12. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

I'll second or is it third this...i will even put disco on other characters just to speed this up for them but fandancer dojo succubus with disco on the tamer is the fastest for tamer. Used to be fel Hythloth but they nerfed/fixed the spawn speed of fel dungeons.