1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

quick question about VvV sigils

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Silent Singer, May 30, 2015.

1. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Nov 18, 2014
    I notice on the standings a lot of stealing of sigils. What all skills and what level are needed to do this? I assume high stealing, but how high? Is detect hidden also needed? Do you get more points for that or for claiming an altar? Thanks all!
  2. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

Jul 11, 2008
    Detect hidden is required to passively locate them (not sure what us needed). Then when you are in the area where you receive the passive message, use the detect skill to show the exact location.

Then once you see it you can steal, I am not sure the minimum to steal but until you get to GM I would usually fail a few times before successfully picking it up. I am at 110 and don't seem to fail to steal any longer.

Point are completely based on the blue occupation bar. Sigils and Altars move the bar about the same. Both altars and Sigils are worth 100 silver. Sigils spawn once a minute after placement, Altars once every 2.

Hope this is helpful,

Ol MacDeezy likes this.
  3. Ol MacDeezy

Ol MacDeezy Adventurer

Dec 26, 2014
  4. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

Dec 19, 2007
    the real hitch is when you use the "detect hidden" skill you MUST wait for a cool down timer(I think its 8 sec) before you can use the "stealing skill" to pickup the sigil after its revealed. in a nut shell if you reveal it and another thief is standing next to the sigil when it shows, they can just steal it out from under you. if you die with the sigil in your backpack, it can be freely looted by anyone.
  5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Apr 12, 2001
    I found out, if an enemy guild in town, you get 150 silver for claim the alter, not sure if that count for Sigel too, think 200 silver if 3 guilds, that is not allied, if I remember right.