1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quick question: how to craft 5hci base woodland pieces?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kiss Of Death, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Kiss Of Death

Kiss Of Death Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Hello guys, I forgot how to create hci 5 % base woodland armour...I tried with oak saws but I get always 4% hci...with ash I cannot get on the menu vicious ( of slaughter)....how to do it?? I don't remember

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

I think you enhance with Heartwood and hope for the HCI property.

3. CrazyUserName

CrazyUserName Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't tried wood saws - but I get my dci with powerful reforging and shadow hammers- according to semmersets tables, oak should be able to get 5.

Someone with runic wood tool experience might be able to confirm- else it appears your can enhance per the last post :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Well... it has been a while since I made my suit like that. But from what I remember you start with a HUGE pile of gold... then from the runic you can only select the prefix (I think it was vicious - but unsure of which type tool allowed that selection - sadly I can't log in to look at the suit to confirm). Then you start crafting and wait for the HCI to hit randomly, then you check that piece to see if the other mods are useful or not. This will lead to a huge pile of armor you will never use. Once you are finally blessed by the rng with the full suit you like, you invest in the forged metal of artifact and enhance. The hci from reforging stacks with the enhancing....

5. Gedgerez Tesherd

Gedgerez Tesherd Journeyman

CovenantX likes this.
  6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

exactly

7. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It's oak saws, although with reforging seemingly to have gotten a slight nerf, getting 5% hit chance via reforging might be more difficult. Ash saws would be the next best thing, but you'd have to get Vicious/slaughter randomly, by just going grand reforging and hope it picks that as a prefix/suffix.

Reforging for +5 hci, would allow you to enhance for +10 hci (with heartwood), surely that's what you were looking for.

8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

That's what you do AFTER reforging 5 HCI. If you are then lucky with the RNG and heartwood enhance you then have a part with 10 HCI.

Obsidian likes this.
  9. Tranquility

Tranquility Journeyman

I think this is the problem...

Since the changes to Runics (intended or otherwise) I don't believe semmersets tables are currently accurate (conjecture on my part). Shame given all the hard work that went in to them (maybe they still are but there is an air of confusion regarding runics across the board).

People are trying to reforge properties exactly how they have in the past and aren't able to get the same results. Then we get post here on stratics "what happend to enter reforge here" and "How do I reforge (enter here) it worked in the past".

I'm not sure how many more post we need to see about reforging to realize something has changed.

I don't think you can get 5 HCI with Oak Runic anymore. Maybe you still can...

You used to be able to reforge 5 HCI with less than 50 attempts. If it is still possible I'll venture to guess it's going to take 200-300 attempts.

No Joy.

10. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

This is what I do. Reforge using oak runic and then enhance with heartwood while praying for 10 HCI.

Zuckuss likes this.