1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Question on the Dungeon fishing quests.

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Duncan McDermott, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Duncan McDermott

Duncan McDermott Seasoned Veteran

While my Fisher has some macing skills I am not sure he is up to fighting his way through a dungeon to fish. Are they are runes marked to safe spots in the dungeons for these quests?

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I go to this spot in Shame. The same level that has the unbound vortex. I have magery skill on my fisherman so I can just tele to the different mini islands. On the trammel side you can mark a rune to take you directly there.

[​IMG]

Duncan McDermott likes this.
  3. Duncan McDermott

Great Reply visually I know where to go now Thanks

4. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

You can also go to the fire island abyss entrance, go inside and go to the hidden door and through there to the teleporter. There is a broken bridge there and you can tele to it and fish, not sure about marking runes but you should be able to use teleport scrolls to get there.

5. Duncan McDermott

There is a hidden door on the right wall of this hall near Garamon which needs to be double clicked to open. You also need to do the same to the other hidden door connected via a dark passage to open it and thus reach to a hall full of Rotworms and an occasional Blood Elemental.

Do I just go through the first hidden door only?

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Here's my favorite dungeon fishing spot...

It takes a teleport to get there, but anyone can cast teleport from a scroll (treated as a 1st level spell for difficulty when cast from a scroll, and the scrolls can be bought from some NPC mages). Nothing can reach you there, and you can recall out.

You go to A, then Teleport down to B, and bounce between B & C as the 2 spots per location run out.

The nice thing about the location is once you're down to B & C, you're pretty much safe from anyone luring spawn onto you. The hardest part is running past the blood elemental (which is fairly easy if you invis while opening the lower door, and are mounted), and humans with no magery can successfully cast teleport down there more often than not (with reagents, arcane clothing or LRC), with elves & gargs having about the same 75% chance when using scrolls. The Beetle is good for hauling the fish out, as well as the speed, though finding a spot on the rocks by "B" to drop footwear can be difficult (at worst, store them till you go over to C, then unload there)

[​IMG]

#6 Basara, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  7. DreadLord Lestat

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Go through both doors, Basara posted about the same spot I was talking about. I just didn't have a chance to get screen shots for it. It's a great spot but like he said, footwear can be a pain lol.

8. Duncan McDermott

Basara do you know if a rune could be marked there? Was thinking of trying to get me stealthier to mark some runes there for my fisher if she could.

9. Tamais

Tamais Lake Austin Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron Editor

One very safe and easy spot to get dungeon fish are the water areas by the twisted weld entrance. There are three ponds as you go into the cave. Further back is the river. Since I'm only fishing to fill fishing quest I start there. Then i use the shame spots mentioned above.

10. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yeah, the safest spot in all of Sosaria for dungeon fish are the old mushroom caves (Ilshenar, Spirituality moongate, into the caves, then go south to the water, instead of north to the weald entrance). That is, if someone doesn't release a tamed cu in there and your fisher is neg karma, or if someone doesn't dig up an ore elemental mining in there.

But, when there are multiple people going for dungeon fish, it's also one of the places that is often fished out.

11. Basara

12. Duncan McDermott

I know it has been a few months since I first made the thread. Today I finally got around to doing the Sacred Quest to gain access to the Abyss.
    Looking at your picture and a map of Shame This is level 5? Just making sure before I head down there. I have 2 dungeon fishing quests now and I want to do them. Edited on the level number. I marked runes to each island today can't wait to see what I fish up.

#12 Duncan McDermott, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
  13. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I think it's level 5. It's right near where the unbound vortex spawn. I just went on a Mage and marked a rune then just gave the rune to my fisherman.

14. DreadLord Lestat

Yes that is level 5 :)

DJAd likes this.
  15. Duncan McDermott

Wouldn't you know it? I work to get a rune to level 5 Shame and start collecting possible fish for quests and now I get crabbing quests again. LOL

16. Basara

Don't know if Shame is like this, but that spot I go to in the Underworld allows you to set 8-9 traps while you fish the area.

It never hurts to find a place where you can both dungeon fish and crab pot.

DreadLord Lestat likes this.
  17. Duncan McDermott

I never thought about setting traps out while I fished. Next time in Shame I will see how it goes.

18. Ellie

Ellie Seasoned Veteran
    Gilfane

All of Eodon waters are dungeon fishing. There are wonderful areas there where you arent bothered by spawn.

19. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

That´s good to know!

20. Varingian

Varingian Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran The Squirrel Empire

The down side being they added a new land mass with lots of great fishing spots but couldn't find the time to add any new Rare or Legendary fish to catch. Very disappointed in this but holding out hope something can be added down the road.

21. DreadLord Lestat

@Kyronix

Any chance of new fish/lobsters/crabs/bait etc for the new lands in the future?

22. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Added it to the backlog :)

DreadLord Lestat and Riyana like this.
  23. DreadLord Lestat

Thank you for responding. I know you guys are busy and it's nice to know it will be looked at. :banana:

Riyana likes this.