1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quick question, scripting

Discussion in 'UHall' started by LordSoth, Nov 30, 2010.

1. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

G'day,

Just returning back to Ultima Online (still awesome after all these years), I've searched the forums with not really a yae or nae on scripting these days, is it allowed?
    I guess to narrow it down, resource scripting? (mining, etc)
    I don't want to get in trouble and get my old account banned :(
    Cheers thank you.

2. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

No, all scripting puts your account at risk.

3. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

If you have to ask, then it's illegal. unless using 'approved ' programs which only run little maco's, like UO Assist. The EC client does macros too i think. Welcome back

4. I Play UO

I Play UO Visitor

Script all you want. :D

5. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

Haha okay cheers for the quick response guys :)

6. jtw1984

jtw1984 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Scripting is okay as long as you don't tell stratics babies about it.

7. partially unattended macro scripting from the upgrade is fine.

8. Nails

Nails Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

if you answer when a gm comes, they could care less if you are scripting. they thank you for answering and go away. just being honest. you only get in trouble if you do not answer.

But yes, it is considered illegal use of third party programs. Gms will tell you that they only care that you answer them... they know it is obviously a script performing certain routines.

9. Shanna

Shanna Guest

Whatever you do, don't talk about it 'in game.'

10. Babble

Babble Guest

Nope not allowed

11. Vyal

Vyal Guest

Man just go ask in General chat on your shard tell them what program your using and everything someone will tell you.:lie::lie:

12. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Apart from the fact, that everybody here seems to have resignated and practically telling you to go ahead and script because you won't be caugt (and i fear they're probably right) - you could always use the Enhanced Client. There are heaps of nifty features, mods and command scripts (legal) that nearly remove the need to script with non-approved programs.

13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Using the features of approved apps or clients while attended is generally considered OK. Anything unattended or apps that are not approved is never considered OK.

Posting over the top comparisons on Stratics is not Ok with me. :talktothehand:

14. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

The apps not approved part is misleading. So really unattended is not approved. Outside macros that interacts with the keyboard are ok as long as attended or else they would have to ban everything running on the pc except for uo and windows.

15. ikaikaman

ikaikaman Guest

In Korean shards,GM came but Did nothing.These shards is Script haven/heaven