1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UltimaSword, Sep 18, 2008.

1. UltimaSword

UltimaSword Guest

How do people hide their profession title in their paperdoll? I look at some peoples and it just says their name. How can I get my paperdoll to do that?

2. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Guest

Your profession doesn't show to anyone unless you have really high fame (Lord or Lady title in front of your name). You will always see your paperdoll with its full title, but others will not unless you are a Lord or Lady.

3. UltimaSword

UltimaSword Guest

So my profession will only show if I am lord or lady? Okay thanks!

4. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrrrr, methinks yer profession will show once you hit the "Famed" level o' fame.

5. Rubican

Rubican Guest

I believe it is actually the level between famed and lord/lady.
    Glorious/Illustrious etc.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That is my understanding ..... when your are just one step from Lord/Lady your profession will show

7. Capricious

Capricious Guest

Level 3 and 4 Fame will show your title to other players. Karma does not matter, only fame. It will always be the title with the highest skill. If you have multiple titles tied for highest, then mark then one you want to show to raise and lock the others and the one set to raise will be the one displayed. You can find a chart of the reputation titles here:

http://uo.stratics.com/content/reputation/titles.shtml

8. Coven of One

Coven of One Guest

And if you happen to see someone with that level Fame (4th or 5th tier) but still have no professional title.. it means they are in the thieves guild.

9. And if you happen to see someone (such as my warrior) who has no fame but still shows their skill title, it probably means that it's a Companion.

Yeah - some of us still exist...even though New Haven pretty much leaves us unneeded.

10. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

We know Ruby, you remind us every chance you get.

11. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I also heard that you need a certain level of skill to get it displayed, at least 50 points in one trade to memory.

12. Yup - when your fame is in the top 2 levels, your reputation title and skill title will show to others.

13. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

Your companion abilities shouldn't exist, it should be removed since it is no longer needed.

14. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Some correct replies, will try to clarify in one reply with details.

Once you get your Fame Level up to the Fame Column displayed on this page (look for "* Titles shown *"), your Skill Title will show to others.

However, if one is in the NPC Thieves' Guild, the skill title will not be displayed to other players no matter what their Fame Level is at.

Unless this is a change that I am not aware of, this is not true. It was ages ago though... I remember having a newbie Bard with just 30's in skills that I got to Lady and her newbie skill level showed (Neophyte Bard), looked cool. Anyone know for sure?