1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Arrgh, May 15, 2012.

1. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

What would be the advantages of 120 stealth? Can't you still be tracked regardless of reaching cap or am I thinking about another skill? I would ask this in thief forum but don't see much traffic there. Thanks.

2. Plant Elemental

Plant Elemental Journeyman
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter

I think the only advantage is you get to take more steps. You get 1 step for every 5 skill points in Stealth. So someone with 20 skill points in Stealth gets to move 4 steps and stay hidden. Someone with 100 Stealth can move 20 steps and stay hidden. And someone with 120 Stealth can move 24 steps and stay hidden.

Not worth the skill points or the time to train it if you ask me. I can think of better places to put an extra 20 points.

PS. I think Tracking only checks against your Hiding skill, but I could be wrong.

Arrgh likes this.
  3. Don't Tread on Me

Don't Tread on Me Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Higher your stealth = harder to track/reveal (though there is a relationship with hiding here too. not sure exactly what the mechanics are).

Higher your stealth = harder your deathstrike hits.

Higher your stealth = fewer checks while moving. I think that's about it.

Arrgh likes this.
  4. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Exactly what I was looking for guys, thank you very much! :)

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Yet even at GM Hiding and 120 stealth someone only using JOAT can track you.

6. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Ya gotta be kidding me?

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Wish that I was but no it's true. It may take them 3 to 10 tries but they can..... and I think it's BS. This is why I said the frell with this...... and took hiding and stealth off my archer and put on Bushido and meditation.

Arrgh and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  8. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah that is BS, oh well...I got the scroll for 50k and had the gear to push it up to 120 w/hopes it'd be easier to go undetected. I learned a 50k gps lesson :rant2: at least maybe being revealed will be a little harder I hope. Thanks Malag =)

9. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

BTW watch out for them lil black birds, lil suckers can reveal ya when you walk by them:eek:. Seems it's only them that do it too. Lil buggers have gotten me many times :(.

Arrgh likes this.
  10. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I love stealthing with my tamer and my gd follow me through dungeons...most of the time he gets attacked but wont counter if only in follow mode - great to lure spawn far away and recall to last spot to only fight the creep you want...

But.its.true, went out with my thieve 100/120 at fel and get constantly revealed only at APROACHING next to some peeps, not even snooped yet or did qnything wrong....thats why my thieves in rent...

Arrgh likes this.
  11. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm, I wonder if it is a racial bonus on elves that causes the auto-reveal? I noticed the same thing about approaching or passing when they were first introduced and pretty much quit playing my stealther at that point. I wasn't sure if it was my imagination or birds revealing me like Snakeman mentioned.

12. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

120 stealth lets my little sneeky nearly run in stealth.... a great advantage when you got to get by slasher!

13. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I am pretty sure I remember this being the case. You don't really have to get too close to them either and you are revealed, kinda sucks.

14. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

wonder if a 100/120 elve will still get revelaed by a "normal" elve with no hiding and stealthing and tracking...if yes its ad absurdum..