1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Stealth question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by dielock, May 19, 2008.

1. dielock

dielock Guest

When you reach 95 stealth, what helmet is recommended to wear? is it Norse or Close Helm or something else?

2. dielock

dielock Guest

Also what do I wear and do to get from 100 to 120?

3. I wear chainmail mostly, but I find the secret to high end gains is to stealth around creatures likely to reveal you, more than what you are wearing.

4. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Why are you raising it past 80?...la

5. Millie

Millie Guest

I did well in studded top and chain legs,and a closed Helm, but failed almost all the time with gloves on. I got most of my best gains walking form Ilshinar past all the monster and in to the back of terra keep and out. So I'm sure that Prince Caspians Statement about being revealed is why.Is an interesting walk and I never realized until I walked it, you could get to papu form Ilshinar. I was told that when you get to a higher level to try plate helm or gloves, but I don't know if this works.

6. packrat

packrat Guest

80 is all that is really needed. Its a waste of points to go any higher.

7. Amber Moon

Amber Moon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Please explain for an old timer. Jeweled up from 80 or just no effect from the additional points? TIA

8. packrat

packrat Guest

Its been a while since I have looked it up. But, if I remember right. 80 is enough to walk around in normal leather without being revealed. Both my theives are at 80 and I walk around the spawns without any trouble. I do get revealed by some creatures, but never from just stealthing. The only creature in moonglow that reveal me is the fettis essances. I hate those things.

9. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

One more beni of being on Siege, there is no passive detect, so walking around elves doesn't have you revealed like it does on the production shards...la

10. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

I agree. 80 would be tops. Use the extra points somewhere else.

11. angelus aconitum

angelus aconitum Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You only need 75 in stealth to never fail stealthing. I have 75 on a mage stealther on Europa since 2003 and I never failed.

But I love my 100 stealth on Siege, so I can stealth much faster. Running 4 steps, then walking 1-2 steps, then running again 4 steps, .....

12. I have gm stealth, from long ago. Can't speak for everything, but so far the only time I have been revealed is the fetid essences, and liches when they are casting area spells.

Been so long, I can't even remember what 75 was like, but I can walk continuously, and even run a short burst, without revealing.

13. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Never fail at 75? Tell it to my 120 (with equipment) stealther that fails about 60% of the time wearing nothing heavier than studded....

14. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

studded .... well there is your answer ... need to be leather or mage armor :)

15. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I went from 80-gm in studded legs, and plate gloves and hat, nothing else. Of course that was ~3 years ago, when you could find a sweet spot and gain every try.

16. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

actually, it is studded, but with mage armor... at least I get gains wearing it...

17. dielock

dielock Guest

Thank you all for your help. I will try it all. I intend to get to 120 by hook or crook as they say.
    I have gotten to 95 with a full studded suit (exceptional made with normal sewing kit). I am trying to remember what the old stratics reccomended, was it a Close Helm or Norse Helm?
    Please lets keep the answers and suggestions coming. Thank you.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!