1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

quick template question

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Aelfric, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Aelfric

Aelfric Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I'm just trying to get my bearings again here... And as it seems I'm in a perpetual state of training, I have more questions....

One of my character's templates was this:

Elf
    Fencing 120
    Detect 100
    Tracking 100
    Poisoning 100
    Hiding 90
    Stealth 80
    Chiv 60
    Med 60

I only have chiv and med for healing and curing - fury is nice too, but I was thinking of dropping it for 120 ninjitsu.. does that sound like a good career move?

My other char was a ninja mage, and I got tired of replacing spell channeling weapon all the time - now I'm going straight nox-mage... is that a much worse template?

thanks.

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

With gm tracking, you may be better off with some ninja in there instead of med. You aren't going to be able to get that many shots off that you'll need to regen your mana anyway. That character will probably do most of it's killing to unattended characters and resource gathering toons...la

3. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Oh, and drop poison to 80 (if you have to have it on that temp) and put it into hiding. Always have gm hiding if you are going to have it at all...la

4. Aelfric

Aelfric Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

It is kind of a crafter killer, which is not what I wanted.

I was trying to make someone who killed stealth tamers,
    or at least put lots of pressure on them.
    I've been using 'shadow strike' as my version of peacemaking.
    It was also supposed to help root out faction thieves... its worked pretty well so far, especially in that place with the purple bird, that unique monster- i forget what its called... Swoop?

5. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

drop the chiv, its just silly with poison, you gonna be fighting your karma too much, plus chiv is not hide/stealth friendly..

120 fencing
    80 poison
    100 hide
    80 stealth
    120 ninja
    100 tracking
    100 detect

not gonna have much luck solo, but not a bad support character. Personally, unless your attached to poison, i would use the 80 points in something else and just use stars and darts.

I'm not much with mages, but I have seen nox mages used very well!