1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quick UO Modders Exchange stats

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Gildar, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I got an "over memory limit" e-mail from my host today (oops), and decided to skim over my bandwidth usage and setup a log file analyzer while I was fixing that.

April 2009 - 1.14GB served (debut of uo.modders-exchange.net [move from modders-exchange.illandril.net])
    May 2009 - 1.59GB
    June 2009 - 1.52GB
    July 2009 - 1.59GB
    August 2009 - 1.35GB
    September 2009 - 181.81MB (Guess most users were in the Stygian Abyss beta ;) )
    October 2009 - 2.02GB
    November 2009 - 2.54GB
    December 2009 - 2.78GB (Uh oh! At this rate, I'll be at my lim... oh wait... I have 1200GB bandwidth... I guess I'm safe)
    January 2010 - 638MB (So far)

Just today and yesterday...
    I had 48 unique, non-bot visitors, downloading 113MB of data.

The entire Modders Exchange repository (not counting old revisions) houses 187MB worth of files, of which 65MB is current, Enhanced Client compatible files created by players (the rest is Housebuilder, Archived KR files, or copies of EA Mythic created files).

There are 89MB worth of packages that have been created (a few minutes ago, there were 347MB, but I removed most of the ones that are no longer accessible).
    The biggest downloadable package is Copper Enhanced 1.7, at 4.9MB (All Copper Enhanced versions are 4.8-4.9MB; SACopper went from 3-4.5MB before becoming Copper Enhanced).
    Legacy II is the second biggest package, with the most recent version at 2.5MB (earliest version was 856KB, but that grew rather quickly).
    All of the other packages are less than 1MB.

2. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

That's great! That is a lot of downloads. I'd love to see the Mythic numbers on EC usage. But I know that information would cause UHall to implode, so I won't hold my breath.

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The more the better i think. :)

4. Fink

Fink Guest

Those figures would need to be adjusted.

Classic client can sit at the bank logged in all day without ever timing out, so.. time spent in-game is probably skewed toward idle CCers (banksitters, 24hr scripters, count macroers).

Enhanced client probably logs in more as we disconnect if we go idle. This is a little annoying if you're doing stuff like crafting because you know you're going to be called afk often, etc. I hate having 12 containers open and I'm distracted for a few minutes, and I disconnect and lose my place.

5. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

If you need a hosting mirror for this good project you can contact me.

6. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

same here. I have 65 gigs of unused bandwidth

7. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I've got way more available on my host than I can use of everything, except for Memory (it would be nice to have more, but I have plenty if I keep all my test stuff off except when I'm using it), right now.

Thanks for the offers though!