1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Publish 97 is currently on TC1! They are currently focusing on the pet customization aspect of the pet revamp. Head to TC1 and send in your feedback or discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new State of Stratics is up. Check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

quickest, easiest, and fastest way to get magery up?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Antmf712, Dec 5, 2009.

  1. Antmf712

    Antmf712 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2009
    Messages:
    115
    Likes Received:
    8
    Please let me know killing monsters with all fizzles is slow as hec lol. Thanks... I only have likee 22 in magery as of right now wanna get it high enough to use teleports. Thanks again.
     
  2. Basara

    Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2003
    Messages:
    8,650
    Likes Received:
    720
    If you're playing on a normal shard (one that has Trammel/New Haven), you can buy the skill up to 40 in New Haven, then take a quest to go kill things in the ruins of old Haven to get to 50 skill.

    On shards without New Haven, it's just a matter of finding some quiet place, putting on a 100% LRC suit (or have lots of regs), then casting spells outside of combat. At 22 Magery, Second Circle spells should be about 55% chance to cast, and 3rd Circle ones about 30%. So, just cast any of the buffing spells on you, or get a box and repeatedly cast magic lock and unlock on it, or something similar. Whatever uses the least regs for you. Try to cast spells with about 25%-75% chance success for gains - the Magery skill description on the official UO pages gives the breakdowns as to what skill levels one has to be for 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% success, for each spell level.
     
  3. Antmf712

    Antmf712 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2009
    Messages:
    115
    Likes Received:
    8
    Is there a macro that I can use where I can just keep the button depressed and watch it lvl as opposed to hitting the same button over and over? Thanks...
     
  4. Basara

    Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2003
    Messages:
    8,650
    Likes Received:
    720
    if you use UOAssist you can set up a macro to cast a spell with a target 100 times, or one without a target 200 times. Looped/Infinite macros (that run until stopped) are illegal in UO, and can't be made using legal means.