1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quiet 'round these parts...

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by The Green Thief, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Anybody still playing? More accurately, any of the old folks still playing? Seems like I haven't been around here in ages. What's the current state of the game?

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I log in here and there, not often. Spend most my time these days with D3 and SWTOR.

3. Eddie123

Eddie123 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

i play my thief some might start back again. I have been gone for a few months tho so might have to start stealing some things again.

ps. anyone know if shinobi is back playing yet???

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I haven't been in game much the last two years. Haven't heard anything about Shinobi recently.

5. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm starting to get back into it. Training new thieves across a bunch of shards. I'm afraid by the time I finish training them, though, the will to play will have dwindled again.

6. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Remeber how terrible the population of the game was in 2007?

Divide that by about 20.....

Now on top of that with the house teleporters so people can go anywhere without leaving the inside of private housing (no longer a need to recall to outside steps or open a gate), 90% of the active houses being INSIDE a guard zone now (Ter-mur gate houses and new-mag houses), and the new dungeon loot system basicly making anything below an orny in power "wothless" even on siege, and don't even get me started on the farming of non-lootable points they just added that you can turn in for artifacts within the city GZ. Basicly the only thieving still viable is either being a pure spawn thief (but good luck EVER finding an active one on any shard but ATL) or being a tram guild infiltration thief. (unless you're really into bandages and pots i guess) Siege seems to fancy itself some sort of "wild west" still but frankly in the state it's in now it's more trammy than even the prodo shards were 5 years ago....which says a WHOLE lot for how the other shards are now too :/ I think Saint is the only one left on the shard at all really, with the state of the game most of the rest of us even on siege have left for greener pastures. (Mostly darkfall, "other" shards, and diablo3)

7. Well, that's definitely disappointing but not altogether unexpected. We saw the writing on the wall long, long ago. Oh well, just thought I would pop in and see what was going on.

8. I too was curious about the state of the game... I must say I haven't logged in in about 2 years after about a 2 year break. Ever since AoS I only played hit and miss. This is the only game I have ever really wanted to come back to but just can't because of the lack of population and PvP thieving is just dead :/ I miss it... only game that can get me emotional over its music from all the good memories!