1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quiver Damage Modifier

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Warpig Inc, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Getting old and the mind is getting fuzzy. Damage Modifier. Is it not a term meaning DI bonus for archers only while wearing a quiver? I play on EC and not seeing the character sheet DI icon changing when removed and worn. The DCI on the Quiver of Infinity changes as it should.

The mind goes first and just wanted to check if I was wrong in bug reporting. Chat was little help with the funny players and those that don't know what elemental damage is. Or Chaos damage.

Everything else armor jewels and weapons are worded Damage Increase. Maybe one those back woods 2d players can check if it is a client issue. Logging on 2d strains the eyes. Like looking for sexy in a 1910 bathing suit photo.

#1 Warpig Inc, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. ShadowTrauma

ShadowTrauma Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Damage Modifier is an item property that is found only on certain quivers. It works as follows, after all of the damage calculations are made, after all of an opponent's resisitances are calculated, the total amount of damage is increased by the percentage indicated on the quiver. Currently, all of the quivers that possess the item property have a Damage Modifier of 10%.

Thus it will not show on your damage increase as it is a seperate property.

The above information is from UOGuide.com (from a FoF post), I have found this to be an accurate description of the mechanic.

#2 ShadowTrauma, Dec 19, 2012
    CovenantX likes this.
  3. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Really had to add the dig at 2d? Couldn't just ask the question?

ShadowTrauma. Does it only apply to archers, or to other dexxers who use the quiver for the other stats too?

4. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

What is truly priceless is that after insulting us he wants us to check on the client he insults to see if there's an issue with the client he plays.

I have the same question you do about the Damage Modifier, if it only works with archery. To my knowledge we've never really learned one way or the other.

-Galen's player

Aibal likes this.
  5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I believe it adds to all melee damage, could easily be checked by pulling it on and off and read the damage numbers

6. ShadowTrauma

Well it had been a long time scince I last tested this, so I hopped onto test center for you all and ran some quick tests.

I use the EC myself and Pinco's UI.

I set up an account with max hp and hpr (dog form) and 0 resist, I had an account with a character to test on the dummy account. I used a dagger with a range set from 20-22 (so I could see the 10% increase clearly if there was one) with a quiver and without. The conclusion was the quiver had no effect on melee damage.

In regards to the quiver and archery, a few seconds after equipping the quiver my character sheet visibly adjusted the damage range and this was confirmed during testing.

#6 ShadowTrauma, Dec 19, 2012
    CovenantX, Vor and Storm like this.
  7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks Shadow for running out and testing this.

8. ShadowTrauma

Not a problem, it was a good question that I wasn't sure of myself, and I enjoy a good test now and again.

9. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Many many thanks.

-Galens' player

10. Warpig Inc

Stratics Veteran

Well after a long update to 2d am back. Naked archer holding bow. Remove and replace quiver no change to 2Ds damage range on status table. Same deal as EC. So by others testing is a hidden bonus like the Juka Bow. Takes averaging of arrow damage of a static target to see the difference. There is no visible icon or table numbers change.

Image of a 1910 bathing suit wearing little less then a sleeveless knee high burka is still funny. Forgot no 2d zoom in. EC habit. Covering the gaming area on my flatscreen with my toast was also funny. Now to other forums for getting butter off a flatscreen. Better cheeer up Santa is coming if the Mayans don't get him.

#10 Warpig Inc, Dec 19, 2012
  11. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

What if you alter a quiver and put it on a garg. Does it affect throwing damage?

12. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Obsidian u read my mind..but can it be altered?

13. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes they can be altered. I altered a quiver of rage and gave it to a gargoyle friend to test. He told me the elemental damage shift was not applied.

14. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master

Theres a post by Logrus about the quiver damage modifier in this thread.

15. Warpig Inc

Stratics Veteran

Got it. Damage Increase in simple form is the bows weapons damage and the DI% to give a damage range of X - Y. That can be increased by other means for a set X - Y.

Damage Modifier would be taking the X - Y and then modifing it with like a true slayer modifier of 200%. Wearing a Quiver with 10% damage modifier. There are other Modifiers but so far a Troll Slayer bow, wearing a Quiver, math looks like X(210%) - Y(210%)

16. ShadowTrauma

Yeah thats a great thread for fellow damage crunchers. I followed up on his call for more testing and hopefully have shed a little more light on the property. I must admit I was a little suprised (granted I did all my testing correctly), but we shall have to wait and see, it is possible the item property isn't functioning correctly presently.

P.S. I tested Quivers on a Gargoyle throwing and can confirm Damage modifier does not add any extra damage.

#16 ShadowTrauma, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  17. KLOMP

KLOMP Sage

Enjoy your laughingstock client that the franchise producer has publicly regretted bothering with. I hear it'll be out of "beta" sometime around 2035.

18. Tyrtle

Tyrtle Adventurer

When you checked with the melee and thrower did you have anything in the quiver? There is a rumor that you need something in there for it to function properly.

19. ShadowTrauma

Yes I also checked with and without arrows/bolts in the quiver, the only thing that mattered was that the quiver was equipped.

#19 ShadowTrauma, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012