1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Race benefits for gargoyles?

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Old Man of UO, May 15, 2009.

1. What are the race benefits for Gargoyles? I don't recall reading about this, may have just missed it. I don't mean the mysticism, bladeweave and imbuing bonuses, bit what I am referring to is that elves get a +20 mana, humans get JOAT and strongback.

Will gargoyles have the JOAT? Strongback? +20 mana?

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Well, you might "don't mean" them, but those ARE the racial bonuses.

They don't get any that the humans or elves get.

3. Thanks Basara.... that +20 mana is mighty hard to give up.

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

This is info from the page about gargoyles on the SA website (http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/gameoverview/gargoyle/):

Gargoyle Racial Abilities

• Flying - A Gargoyle's powerful wings carry them over land as fast as a galloping horse and grant them access to special Gargoyle-only areas.
    • Berserk - In situations of great danger, a Gargoyle's natural ferocity will take over, granting speed and power at the cost of defenses.
    • Master Artisan - A strong cultural emphasis on art and craftsmanship grants the Gargoyles an increased chance to imbue, enhance, and unravel magical items.
    • Deadly Aim - All Gargoyles are trained from childhood in the skill of Throwing, giving them a basic competence with missile weapons.
    • Mystic Insight - Gargoyles have an intuitive understanding of Mysticism, allowing them to cast basic Mysticism spells without further training.

5. morPR

morPR PRmeister
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I wonder if gargs will be allowed to fly over small bodies of water without the need of a bridge? That'd sure make going to Trinsic a tad easier...

6. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Another, ability, is that only gargoyles can throw...elves/humans can use archery gargoyles cant.

7. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Will "throwing" be a separate combat skill, or just a racial trait? Not looking forward to adding 120 Throw skill AND another 120 in mace, fence or sword skill :(

8. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Its Gargoyle archery

They gain a JOAT 20(i assume) untrained in it, but yes its another combat skill

9. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I guess a Bladeweaver char would be very similar to an archer in play-style, thus no need for a 2ary weapon skill.

I just hope the "Throwables" don't need special recipes to make a la Heartwood quests!