1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Races

Discussion in 'Aion Stratics Forums' started by ChewingGumWarrior, Jun 17, 2008.

1. What race will you be?

2. ZorZorZor

ZorZorZor Guest

What races are there?

3. Xel The Wanderer

Xel The Wanderer Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There are two playable races which could, of course, change when the game goes Live.

Please note, these pics are from aionsource.com

The first pic is that of the Asmodians. Notice their darker-tone skins as well as their batlike wings:

[​IMG]

The second pic is that of the Elyos. They have lighter-tone skin as well as more Angelic-like wings.

[​IMG]

There will be race specific Divine Powers as well as combos and skills depending on which Class a person chooses. From what I understand, there will also be another race, the Balaur. As of this time, the Balaur are an unplayable race that will either help or hinder a faction within the Abyss. It's like a 'Checks and Balances' system, except with NPC's.

For more information, here's a link to aionsource's FAQ http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general-discussion/3323-ultimate-aion-faq.html

It answers a ton of questions. Enjoy!

4. Bishop777

Bishop777 Guest

I'm going with Asmodian all the way :thumbup:

I can get more into the "we had to fight and adapt to survive" backstory than the "we're so pretty and shiny, we must be the chosen ones", lol. I also like the looks and armor/weapons of the Asmodians (back mullet and all). Some of the starting areas for the Asmos were very beautiful, not at all what I was expecting. Kinda thought it would be perpetual night with shades of gray and really boring. I have seen videos of some of the higher lvl Asmo zones and they do look bleak, but I like that too.

I think both races will be fun to play, I'm just drawn towards the Asmodians. I hope they're not a kid magnet, cause I'd hate to be surrounded by a bunch of whiny punks who think they are [email protected] cause their wings are black, lol. Looking forward to playing both races in the next Beta. Cya there

5. Xel The Wanderer

Xel The Wanderer Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree that both races will be fun to play. I'm going Elyos because it seems like everyone and their mistress is going Asmodian. To be fair, I've experienced gameplay as an Elyos and as an Asmodian. Speaking for myself, it's more fun to play when the odds are stacked against you. Honestly, I have no idea what the final ratio of Elyos to Asmodians will be (within North America). I do know that it will be a lot of fun. :danceb: