1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Rain, rain, rain...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trish, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Trish

Trish Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm sure y'all have heard the news about Iowa and surrounding states and all the rain we're getting. Our area has been lucky so far, but the cities near the rivers.. not so much. And now it's raining again!!
    Locally, everyone's basements are flooding. Ours didn't really "flood" but water came up the drain and got the floor a bit wet. The worst part is when all the rain started we were without most of the roof on the house. Now they have that part finished, but there are still some bare parts between the old and the new. I just hope it stays outside this time :(

2. There is major flooding and even devestation happening in WI too.... 16 in in one week!

3. Elga

Elga Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Save the Corn, we need to keep those prices down! Hope you don't need a boat at all to get away, that wouldn't be cool.

4. Trish

Trish Certifiable

The corn is in jeopardy. Not just from fields flooding, but I guess the barges that use the Mississippi to transport the corn can't leave.

5. Granjell

Granjell Guest

That's right - I saw pictures of all the barge traffic that's stuck because there's no clearance for them under the bridges anymore. Not for a while anyway. My families' prayers go out to all affected by the flooding. I lived in Des Moine, Iowa for 2 years (many years ago) and it was a great, friendly place, and I grew up in Wisconsin and still have friends there. None affected so far, knock wood.

6. Elga

Elga Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

7. Stubby

Stubby Guest

:grouphug: Sending you and all who are affected a hug and our prayers. I have had a little taste of the weather disasters since I live in south Florida. Ive been thru more hurricanes than I can count on my fingers and toes.
    Anyhow, take care and be safe. See ya in TT:popcorn:

8. YoungUn

YoungUn Guest

9. Trish

Trish Certifiable

The rain today (so far) was enough to turn the road dust to road mud and that's it. Hope it stays clear of us cuz they're planning to do more work on the roof tonight.

10. Elga

Elga Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I found this article on the Washington Post, kind of interesting. When you take away things that absorb the water, it could cause for a lot of water that cannot move. Could just be a crazy professor going off, but a point is there.