1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Raised Garden Bed Security Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Adrianas, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

I thought about posting this in the botany forum but was afraid no one would see it.

When I got my first garden bed (just after they came out), one of the standard security gumps came up when I placed it. I set it to "co-owners." But it seems that none of my co-owners could access the bed; indeed, only I can access the bed.

Now, before someone asks - all of the co-owners also have this expansion. (I live on Siege and I decided I liked the garden bed so much, I got it for all of my accounts, so I could get additional beds for the one character that likes to grow plants.)

Anyway. Since that first placement, I have never again gotten that security gump.

Is this a bug? If so, is it a 'known bug'?
    Or is there someway to set the security on these beds that I am not aware of?

Thanks!

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

which char planted the seeds? I can only access mine with a co owner if it was the co owner that planted it.

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Good to know, Petra. Thanks that was news to me as well.

4. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

Hmm. I haven't tried planting the seeds with the co-owners. Sounds like a bug then.

I would think they should have security like everything else in the game, at least like the old fashioned potted plants!

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Just as a test, I have a garden bed at Dee's house, she planted it a few days ago, but had only 8 seeds with her, I just planted the last corner with Molly.
    Molly can access the seed she planted, but not the rest of the plot. Dee, being the house owner, can access all.

The garden bed is co-owner, therefore co-owners can plant in it. But the plants are owner only.

Basically means you can allow someone who is co owned to plant seeds in part of your plot and they will not be able to harvest seeds from plants you grew.