1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

raising a newb warrior

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by solaufein, Aug 1, 2008.

1. solaufein

solaufein Guest

Hi, I came back to UO and lots of things are changed.

I am trying to make a pvp warrior and I need some advice of choosing skills.

for now, I am raising fencing and chivary in main.

those are skills I learned and raised 40+

resist spell

not that I am going to stick to those skills, I just have them for now lol.

It would be great if someone can show me a standard spec for a pvp warrior.

If you dont mind, Id like to see standard pvp archer spec, and current popular pve specced melee or casters too.

Thank you.
  2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008

There is no single standard set of skills for making a warrior, PvM or PvP. A warrior can have 120 in a weapon skill and any combination of chivalry, wrestling (unconventional, but if you have a problem with people disarming you, it's quite useful), tactics, spirit speak, necromancy, resist, poisoning, snooping, stealing, meditation, alchemy, focus, healing, detect hidden, chivalry, bushido, hiding, stealth, ninjitsu, anatomy.

Since you're picking 6-8 skills out of that, then there is far too many choices for a standard template.

But to make it easier, these skills are considered requirements to a lot of people.
    Weapon skill, tactics, resist spells, parry.

Chivalry doesn't have to be very high for a PvP warrior (70-80 is more than enough) since the only spells that are really useful for PvP require little skilll to cast (heal, cure, remove curse).

So what you have there could be considered the "standard", but you would need to tweak the details a bit... and that is best done through experience and in-game play.