1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Provocation] Raising Provocation to 120 ?

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by popps, May 16, 2009.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Other than the Sticky FAQ info, are there any specific hints or tips to train the Provocaton skill to 120 more efficiently (no, I do not want to use jewellery...) ? I am currently 104 and it is getting forever to get gains......... At this pace it will take me months to make it 120.....

I have searched the Forums but there is is quite some good informations on how to best raise Discordance but not Provocation, at least that I could find.......

Thanks.

2. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

last i knew if u use skill will gain LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE=popps;1249383]Other than the Sticky FAQ info, are there any specific hints or tips to train the Provocaton skill to 120 more efficiently (no, I do not want to use jewellery...) ? I am currently 104 and it is getting forever to get gains......... At this pace it will take me months to make it 120.....

I have searched the Forums but there is is quite some good informations on how to best raise Discordance but not Provocation, at least that I could find.......

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Will prolly take a good while to reach legendary, no matter what method you use. Meantime, try dragons from 100-110, rotting corpses thereafter.

4. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

if running a real bard disco a cu provoke it to swoop, when higher disco swoop then provoke a cu to swoop raises gold and etc fast!
    jewelry is nessary use it! if done right rare deaths, or being hit if have a invis ready and paying attention.

5. Harb

Harb Guest

Popps, all the above works. I've done three characters now to 120 and am working one more. I personally like rune bettles and later runes-Yamandon at Yamandon point. You can get there from where you are now all the way to 120, maintain the fun of the skill, and the loot along the way is fairly decent. A couple things to toy around with, if you have soul stones don't be afraid to try a lower level of musicianship once provoke hits 110. Using both exceptional and non-exceptional instruments depending on where your music/ provoke skills are as you move along may also help. Remember though, provoke and disco are among the skills very difficult to raise, they always have been. A day with.2-.4 gains are good days.