1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

raising stats question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by frostbolt, Feb 20, 2010.

1. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

if all my skill points are maxed out is it still possible to raise my stats. i just got my 6 month +5 to stats and i want to know how to raise it without soul stoning a skill off

2. Lady_Mina

Lady_Mina Guest

depends on your template...and wich stat you want to raise.

One of my crafters is fairly new and i made the mistake of giving her more int then str...she can't carry much and it's sooooo annoying.

It's been hell to raise my str up...i do mining and slowly gain strenght.

Although i don't remember having this much trouble raising strenght on my warriors.

Same thing with casters or alchemist gain int easily.

3. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

i meant is it still possible for stats to raise if my skills are already capped

4. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, but it can be slow, depending on the stat. Int will move faster if you are a casting class, but str or dex will tend to move a lot more slowly. Either way, it still won't take long - less than a couple of hours of normal game play.

5. It should be noted that a stat will not raise unless you have the skill that it's tied to marked up to raise, even though it's capped. If it's not marked to raise the stat will never gain. There's a list in the UO Player's Corner that shows which skills are tied to which stats, both as primary and secondary. You can also refer to this list http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=28336 on the main Stratics site.

6. kinney42

kinney42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, Connor is right, you must have both the stat you are trying to raise AND the skill you are using to raise it marked UP!

7. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Third what Conner said. I wanted to raise dex on my miner and it wouldn't raise. I remembered about the skill could be at it's cap but just had to be set to raise. I habitually lock all my skills except what I'm working or for title display.