1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Raising stats

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Blood Countess, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Hail,
    I just started a new necro archer.

I desperatley need to raise dexerity and strength. I know I can sky rocket dex by snooping, but whats the easiest way to raise my strength ? Lumberjacking, I tried it and it took forever to gain 1 point.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003
    If you do not want to gain in the primary, lock it and secondary can then gain. Format is skill - primary / secondary

Alchemy - Int / Dex
    Anatomy - Int / Str
    Animal Lore - Int / Str
    Animal Taming - Str / Int
    Archery - Dex / Str
    Arms Lore - Int / Str
    Begging - Dex / Int
    Blacksmithing - Str / Dex
    Bowcraft/Fletching - Dex / Str
    Bushido - Str / Int
    Camping - Dex / Int
    Carpentry - Str, Dex
    Cartography - Int / Dex
    Chivalry - Str / Int
    Cooking - Int / Dex
    Detect Hidden - Int / Dex
    Discordance - Int / Dex
    Evaluating Intelligence - Int / Str
    Fencing - Dex / Str
    Fishing - Dex / Str
    Focus - Dex / Int
    Forensic Evaluation - Int / Dex
    Healing - Int / Dex
    Herding - Int / Dex
    Hiding - Dex / Int
    Inscription - Int / Dex
    Item Identification - Int / Dex
    Lockpicking - Dex / Int
    Lumberjacking - Str / Dex
    Mace Fighting - Str / Dex
    Magery - Int / Str
    Meditation - Int / Str
    Mining - Str / Dex
    Musicianship - Dex / Int
    Necromancy - Int / Str
    Ninjitsu - Dex / Int
    Parrying - Dex / Str
    Peacemaking - Int / Dex
    Poisoning - Int / Dex
    Provocation - Int / Dex
    Remove Trap - Dex / Int
    Resisting Spells - Str / Dex
    Snooping - Dex / Int
    Spellweaving - Int / Str
    Spirit Speak - Int / Str
    Stealing - Dex / Int
    Stealth - Dex / Int
    Swordsmanship - Str / Dex
    Tactics - Str / Dex
    Tailoring - Dex / Int
    Taste Identification - Int / Str
    Tinkering - Dex / Int
    Tracking - Int / Dex
    Veterinary - Int / Dex
    Wrestling - Str / Dex
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Here's what I do to raise Stats. 1st thing is to get to your skill cap by buying skills. Then I either use Lockpicking (Dex & Int) or Mining (Str) to raise the stat. When at your cap, set Lockpicking or Mining to raise, but make sure NOTHING is pointed down, so you don't actually gain in LP or Mining. For dex gains, lock Int, get a locked box and a few hundred picks, you will never open the box and since nothing is set to go down, you won't gain any skill in LP, but you will gain Dex or Int. It may take 5 mins b4 the 1st gain, but then it will fly. Same thing with Mining for Str gains. Grab a bunch of shovels and hit the mountain side (if you're an elf you will only need one shovel).

After you build your stats, then set the skills you don't need to go down (or use a soulstone to remove the skills) so that you will gain in the ones you want. If you don't want to buy skills to your cap, you can also use a soulstone or frag to remove LP or Mining when you hit 25 (then clear the skill from the stone - this does not use a charge), this is a slower way to do it, especially for mining, since you would have to go to your house (or inn) to use the stone.
  4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003
    Hehe , yeah where you think i copied the list from. [​IMG]
  5. Just lock the stat(s) you don't want to gain. Stats are no longer tied to specific skills, making the locking necessary. Stat gains are on a timer, 15 minutes as I recall, and need a successful application of any skill.