1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Raising Wrestling Skill

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Bleubelle, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Bleubelle

Bleubelle Guest

Hi everyone, i used to play UO a long long time ago, maybe 8-10 years ago, I recently came back because I really did miss it, but I remember me and all my friends used to summon creatures and elementals etc to gain combat skills like wrestling (we did this in our guild house), can this no longer be done ? If not, is it only gained out in the wilderness now against non summoned creatures ?

Thankyou kindly in advance.

Bleubelle.

2. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Plenty of ways to train it, still.
    I know some people swear by summoned daemons.
    Although, with the recent change in follower behaviour, the methods are slightly different. Still possible, but I'm not 100% sure how.

You do need to fight creatures with a similar combat skill to you (+/-10 is about the bracket, I think).

3. Bleubelle

Bleubelle Guest

Ok, well I summoned a couple of creatures, an Alligator and a Panther I believe, and when we wrestled blood came off us both, but neither lost any health and I got no skill gains, despite my wrestling being only at 30 skill :(

Bleubelle.

4. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Were you in Trammel? AFAIK you can't gain combat skills off anything 'blue' to you unless you're in Felucca.

5. Bleubelle

Bleubelle Guest

Yes my house is in Trammel, North of Britain on the Europa server, but when I attacked it, it turned grey.

Bleubelle.

6. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

You also need to be in a guild to harm followers.
    You need to be doing damage, to get gains...

7. you also need to be outside of a house, cant gain combat skills inside.

*edit* also you dont need to be doing damage to gain, 100% poison weps and pre-patch golems dont do any damage but you still get gains.

also an unguilded tamer fighting two pets together in a stable gets gains for the pets even though they are doing no damage to each other

8. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I was training a combat skill in a house, only yesterday. At least, I was, until I forgot to heal my sparring partner, and thought better of the whole idea, afterscraping the poor lass off my carpet :(

True enough. Although, technically, you are doing damage, it's just being reduced to nothing by the golem's poisen resist (Arctic Ogre Lords also have 100% poison resist)

I thought they only gained magery, and attached skills (med/eval/resist)?

9. im sure they changed it some years ago, so that you couldn't. unless they changed it back or some such other thing

yeah yeah technicality :p

ive done it with squirrels and mongbats to gain wrestling, tact and anat